Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gpbarth

FMC - New Problem

I have been using this thing for quite some time now, and am fairly confident in entering a flight plan into the computer. So it puzzled me the other night when I was setting up a flight plan from KFLL to KJFK, and got my SID and STAR entered. I then did the EXECUTE thing and went to watch the route unfold on the screen. Clicked on the LEGS button, and got this screen - note the bottom label, RTE DATA>. When I click on this, I get LEGS, and when I click on LEGS, I come back to RTE DATA>. I cannot get to STEP to save my soul.

Probably overlooking some very simple solution, but since I've been doing this for awhile, I don't know why, all of a sudden, I cannot step through the legs. Screen shot below:

FMC_legs_zps28b769ba.jpg?t=1370901769

You need to switch your PFD display to PLAN. that is one selection to the right!

Button is a knob left of the range of the display!

SOrry if this is vague! I am not behind the controls.

RGS,

Yori Smulders

I knew that!! :rolleyes: 

I knew it was something stupid! Cruising along, checking everything out, entering the data, and I forgot to turn a simple knob. And it was exacerbated by the fact that I flew the route almost the whole way watching the magenta line on the display without realizing I wasn't in PLAN mode. Well, that's one mistake I won't make again. See my profile pic? That's really me!!