Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mcp5500

Missing Textures at Cloud ATL

I would appreciate any help here. When Flying at the same altitude as REX Cloud layer, I experance texture loss (black box flashing). It only happens when my aircraft is at the same altitude as the cloud layer. I have tried the cloud poping fix, texture settings. . I am flying Carenado C90 and B200 but it happens in any aircraft. Using REX cloud textures, GEX. system is i7-3930 4.4ghz HT off Turbo Mode off, ASUS X79 Sabetooth, Dual ATI 7870s and SSD drives 27" monitor 2560x1440. Even if i drop the resolution down it still happens. I am using DX10 but it displays correctly with DX9. I use DX10 since the flashing fix and it saves me about 5 -7fps at the defualt resolution. I get 20fps min amd capped at 30. Usually i am at 30 when it is happening but when i set it  the cap at 60, i am around 40fps second when it occures. agaim any help here would be great. I have a beast setup and i hate the fact that i would have to be below 12-16fps with using DX9. I can't find anymore fps. My CFG file is attached. Also I can't find this direct issue on the net.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

39%
    $9,915.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now