Sign in to follow this  
starrs

Treescapes not showing

Hi all. . . I have a problem for which I would really appreciate your help.

My PC is well able to cope with FSX plus addons etc. I have installed Horizons package 1,2 and 3 for England.

I installed Treescapes bundle 1,2 and 3 successfully. It doesn't show. I tried many approaches.

I finally uninstalled both the VFR and Treescapes and reinstalled them. Still no success.

I use the pic. from Treescapes site:: Lat.N50  49.34.  Long W1  30.63.  Alt 394 as my test.

. Mine is totally absent of trees.

Can some kind soul please attach a typical area with the locs which has the Treescapes in it so I can compare with my similar area, or please tell me what I am doing wrong?. Thank you very much.

p.s. I have followed all the suggestions re. Scenic settings etc.

Have you seen if the treescapes appear in your scenery library and if so, ensure that it is above the photoscenery...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Have you seen if the treescapes appear in your scenery library and if so, ensure that it is above the photoscenery...

Thanks Rockliffe. It isn't. I try to add the area from the volumes. I get as far as Photo2.4 and it goes into the add bar.   I then  O.K. it but it doesn't go into the Scenery. Sorry to bother you but what am I doing wrong ?

OK, if you are using Windows 7 then there is a known bug. There is a work around, take a look at this, it should help

http://youtu.be/C8kO1IsJMuE

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

OK, if you are using Windows 7 then there is a known bug. There is a work around, take a look at this link, it should help http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/6035-how-to-add-scenery-to-fsx-with-windows-7/

LThat link looks like this vid by Bill Womack ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C8kO1IsJMuE ) which helped somewhat I found the Vol1:1 2.4 Photo in the Scenery list and hit on the space as your and Womack's vid say. It said the scenery was already in my list. I found it and moved it to the top. No success. I moved ALL of Vol 1 to the top. No success.

I guess I will just squirrel away 'til I get success. Thank you very much for your help. I have to be missing something somewhare. Would still like to have someone d/load a view of somewhere else on their FSX to show me how it should look. Take care, my friend. (Yes - I am using Windows 7).

Hmm, unsure then. I hate to mention the obvious, but... you have got your autogen slider set at normal or above? Failing that, I suggest you ask over on their forum, or maybe some of thewother guys have an idea...

Howard

TreeScapes does not appear in the Scenery Menu, so looking there will not help.

Can I ask......do you get a command prompt window that opens, but doesn't seem to do anything? If so, then you will need to manually install the autogen....

I was going to copy and paste the instructions from the ES forum, but it is currently offline whilst they prepare the new website. You should have an Earth Simulations folder somewhere that has the TreeScapes folder in it. You will need to copy the TEXTURE folder for each area in each volume (a total of nine areas; three per volume) to the relevant folder in your Horizon Simulation folder. For example, the TEXTURE folder in Earth Simulations/Treescapes/Volume 1/Area 1 will need to be copied to the Volume 1/Area 1 folder in your Horizon Simulation folder (there should already be a SCENERY folder in it).

Do that for all nine areas, but make sure that those TEXTURE folders are full of AGN files.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Rockliffe, on 18 Jun 2013 - 3:52 PM, said:

Hmm, unsure then. I hate to mention the obvious, but... you have got your autogen slider set at normal or above? Failing that, I suggest you ask over on their forum, or maybe some of thewother guys have an idea...

Yeah. . . autogen set to dense and above. there has to be an answer. Thanks.

Christopher Low, on 18 Jun 2013 - 4:14 PM, said:

Can I ask......do you get a command prompt window that opens, but doesn't seem to do anything? If so, then you will need to manually install the autogen....

I was going to copy and paste the instructions from the ES forum, but it is currently offline whilst they prepare the new website. You should have an Earth Simulations folder somewhere that has the TreeScapes folder in it. You will need to copy the TEXTURE folder for each area in each volume (a total of nine areas; three per volume) to the relevant folder in your Horizon Simulation folder. For example, the TEXTURE folder in Earth Simulations/Treescapes/Volume 1/Area 1 will need to be copied to the Volume 1/Area 1 folder in your Horizon Simulation folder (there should already be a SCENERY folder in it).

Do that for all nine areas, but make sure that those TEXTURE folders are full of AGN files.

will do that now. Thanks Chris.

Christopher Low, on 18 Jun 2013 - 4:14 PM, said:

hmmm. . . In my VFR volumes, only Vol.1, area 1 has the AGNs. The rest (Vols2 and 3 Texture folders have no AGNs at all. Nor does Vol.1, areas 2 and 3. In my Earth Simulations folder NONE of the areas have any AGNs.

Yet it said that Treescapes had installed properly.

I think I have to reinstall.

Later - I reinstalled all of the texture folders; transferred them to the 3 volumes with 3 areas each; made sure they were each filled with appropriate AGNs. and . . . nada.  No success. Back to the drawing board.

Are the folders named "texture" (as opposed to "textures")?

Let me know the number of AGN files in each texture folder, and the total size.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Are the folders named "texture" (as opposed to "textures")?

Let me know the number of AGN files in each texture folder, and the total size.

Vol. 1, Area 1: 242MB ( All folders are: "Texture", not "Textures".)

Vol 1, Area  2: 341MB

Vol.1 Area  3: 379MB

Vol.2 Area 1: 336MB

Vol.2 Area 2: 222MB

Vol.2 Area 3: 184MB

Vol.3 Area 1: 160MB

Vol.3 Area 2: 273MB

Vol.3 Area 3: 174MB     Thanks. . . Total: 2311MB

I suspect that your Autogen Descriptions file has not been updated correctly. You need to try the following......

1. Go to the Earth Simulations website - www.earthsimulations.com

2. Click on HELPDESK in the left side menu.

3. Scroll down to where it says "FSX is crashing to desktop when loading any scenery area" (don't worry that this is not what is happening on your PC), and click on it.

4. Download the HOTFIX, and follow the instructions.

Hopefully, that will solve your problem. I had to do this at one stage, so you are in good company :smile:

Let me know if it works.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I suspect that your Autogen Descriptions file has not been updated correctly. You need to try the following......

1. Go to the Earth Simulations website - www.earthsimulations.com

2. Click on HELPDESK in the left side menu.

3. Scroll down to where it says "FSX is crashing to desktop when loading any scenery area" (don't worry that this is not what is happening on your PC), and click on it.

4. Download the HOTFIX, and follow the instructions.

Hopefully, that will solve your problem. I had to do this at one stage, so you are in good company :smile:

Let me know if it works.

Hi Chris. . . Unfortunately it didn't work. Besides, I do not have an Autogen folder in my backups folder.  Thanks for all your help. Will keep searching for a solution. Cheers.

I think you need to contact Earth Simulations directly. You can do that through the HelpDesk.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png