Sign in to follow this  
captainbob17

The guy with the prismatic clouds again

Stephen 

Forgive me for starting a new topic but I couldn't figure out how to post screen shots with the quick reply technique...

Again thanks for your help.  I am using a lan cable through my router.  At this point (cause I'm not flying yet) I don't notice any jerking or system delay with only being at 100 mbs ...but later I might have to address that.  

As it relates to weather syncing, I've been snooping around with your spy window and when my client is the laptop (scenario where the weather does not sync properly) the spy window registers updates you described ...clock sync and wx update.

When I run the client on the desktop (scenario where the wx does sync)  the spy window shows a very different record with no mention of clock sync and wx up date.  I have used the same techniques to generate the different results:  start the client  first and activate the spy window, then the server.  I've included screen shots showing the spy windows and a little bit of weather off to the side.  The first is the desktop as the client.  In this scenario the weather is synced.  The second is the laptop as client where the weather does not sync.  Does this tell you anything.  Thanks in advance.  Bob

The messages are there otherwise how would the client know to copy the file and sync its clock?

You probably didn't open the Weather link. One message tells the client to sync its clock, the other tells it the weather has changed. The client just responds by synchronising the FSX clock (or checking that it is synchronised) for one message, and accessing and copying the servers weather file for the other message. No message then no weather updates.

My previous answer stands regarding this topic. Your systems are not set up the same, if they were you would have weather updating on your client laptop.

But no message then no weather update, so clearly you were not looking in the right place, the client cannot update the weather on its own, it just acts on the servers command.

Stephen

The messages being recieved at your laptop client clearly show that the network connections are made good, the server is commanding the client to ensure its clock is synchronised, and the server is informing the client that a weather update is available.

The rest is down to the client ... All it does is COPY the OpusWeather.WTB file from the server's x:\OpusFSX\Themes folder (I assume you only have installed it in a single folder on a single drive on the server) directly into its own <FSX>\Weather\Theme folder, where <FSX> identifies the location of its own local FSX, the location you have specified in the client's FSXCLIENT Configure dialog. After which it tells FSX to load the OpusWeather weather theme.

If all this has been done then all you can say is that something is blocking the client's file copy action. Either stopping it accessing the file off the server, or stopping it writing the file into the FSX folder.

I assume you have tried checking or setting the individual FSX Weather and Theme sub-folders, just in case they have been blocked. There sharing and security will take precedence over anything you have set for the FSX installation drive or FSX installation folder.

Stephen

Bob

Glad to hear your system is working fine now after setting sharing and permissions for the whole drive.

Cheryl