Sign in to follow this  
Guest freequest

How do you do your flight plans?

Guest PoM

How do you set up your flight plans?...do you go on the internet and print them out so you have all transitions or do you use the ones microsoft gives you..so you can be vectored around?Chad Moore

Guest freequest

Flight plans who needs flight plans me being a low and slow just head in the genral direction of where i want to go.... (i may have to stop at a farmhouse and beg some fuel but i get there)

Guest lemonadedrinker

hi there. my 2 pennorth. set the a to b bit then zoom in on the map over the pink track and drag the line to navaids, airports and (i've just realised) the triangles (intersections)which can also be used. course it has to be said i'm not the sharpest chisel in the bag but when these triangles are utilised they also give you a way of bringing your plane down from altitude to your landing height as the nav-log shows the height you should be at over any point you've chosen to put in the flight plan, sooo if you set your flight plan up so you line up with the runway and come down some triangles to get ther. i generally crash 300 yds in front of the runway,so, as i said....

I generate a plan using this (free) site. http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/Then I print out that generated plan. I have an inexpensive laser printer, so I don't have to constantly pay for ink cartridges. I then input this plan into FS Navigator.Next, export that plan to an fs2004 flight plan so I can import it into the GPS and into ActiveSky.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I use a combination of the default flight planner, and some real charts (Jeppesen VFR+GPS for EU, Aviation Topographic Atlas by Desktop Wings for the US) plus pencil and protractor. Often though, especially if wind is calm, I just take off and fly using pilotage.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Tim

HiI like to fly VFR so rarely ever plan flights in such a sense. But if flying IFR I would obtain a real world FP, such as this one from the AVSIM Flight Plan Forum (FPL-BAW795-IS-A319/M-SRWY/C-EFHK0440-N0444F380 RUNEN UN872 TEB UN623 BEDLA UN866 LARDI/N0428F300 UN866 BUKUT/N0456F360 UP7 LOGAN LAM3A-EGLL0226 EGGW-EET/EFES0013 ESAA0025 EKDK0107 EGPX0141 EGTT0143 REG/GEUOA SEL/MSCG OPR/BAW DOF/041017 RVR/200 RMK/TCAS)Then I would enter the flightplan into the FMC. I'm a fan of using real flight plans so try to utilise them as much as possible.... but majority of time like I say, I enjoy local vfr flights.

Guest ThrottleUp

Nowhere as complex or realistic as you guys!I just use MSFS to pick a departure airfield, destination, tie the autopilot to the GPS and off we go. What I *do* try and do realistically (I fly heavies) is the flight profile...so I dont just blast off to FL400 straight after takeoff...I burn some fuel at like FL290 then go higher and higher...so I try and keep that as RW as possible...but flight plans....I keep em sim-easy :)