Sign in to follow this  
ray hughes

Accufeel and NGX 800

Anyone care to share their Accufeel V.2. settings?  I don't seem to be able to get the cockpit rattling and shaking as I beleive it should on takeoff. Clearly some fine tuning is in order. What I am looking for is a little more aggressive shaking and rattling on takeoff. So far my efforts have resulted in some pretty timid movement.

(These aircraft are the workhorse busses of the sky and frequently to upto 5 short haul flights a day - so I would imagine they loosen up pretty quick)..

Thanks

Ray

Hi Ray. If you do a search on this forum for "the NGX ground enhancement thread" or something similar you'll find what you're looking for. I have accufeel and that enhancement and I still use that one instead. It changes/adds some sound files that work pretty well to improve the takeoff/landing sounds.

Thanks for your reply Matteo,

I was unable to find a specific thread reference using the search engine. (Tried clearing Cache). I did find several references to Accufeel and one from Robert of PMDG advising Accufeel is not necessary for the 737NGX - it doesn't enhance anything. I have also found another reference that recommends turning off the SEA and LAND options of Accufeel when flying the NGX, but that to my mind is the opposite of what I would desire. For the time being I have turned off the AIR and SEA options and left the LAND option on and tuned the Cabin Intergrity and Shock Absorption down a little a little more.. I will see what happens

Thanks again

Ray

Hi Ray, I don't know what happened to that thread. Let me know how it goes with your system otherwise (if it's ok with the files developers, both PMDG and whe ground roll official developer) I'll email you the files

Well my Settings in Accufeel, to my mind, made no discernable difference.  I do have another product I can use instead if all else fails. Having said that, I would prefer just to run Accufeel and get the desired result. At the moment I have turned off Accufeel for the NGX and will see if the other progam brings the desired result -- if it works, then I am at a loss to explain why I cannot get a decent vibration effect on the ground with Accufeel. ( I realize this is all relative to each end user, but I do recall in my flying days that even larger aircraft cockpits rattle, sway and jiggle around when taking off.