Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr.midnight

CPU , GPU matching

Hello folks I'm wondering how you match up a CPU and a GPU.

I'm running a 3770k @3.6mhg, and at the moment I'm using my old card a gtx 285 1gig mem.

I see a few shimmers here and there but not all the time,?its a good card.

I'm planning on getting a up to date card and I read the great hardware and software guide by Paul J.

He made a statement saying that your vid card should be as hot as your CPU , I'm not fully understanding what he means.

Are you saying that the speed of my CPU @ 4.6 that the GPU should be running at that speed.

Can you give me a measurement of what you mean.

Since I'm going out to get the best vid card that I can find I'm going to overclock my 285 to its max.

Core speed on a 285 can go up to 700 or more , at least that is what I'm herding,

So can you give me the correct terminology in selecting a new vid card.

I believe if I overclock my 285 I will get better results, do you good folks agree.

Thanks............Robert

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,640.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now