Sign in to follow this  

Headset Price Questions

Hey Everyone,Right now I've settled on the SoftComm Model C-40-20 "Silver Fox". In today's flying lessons, I had to chance to wear one and I just loved it. I found it to be more clear, quiet, comfortable, than the Sigtronics or David Clark headsets I have used during lessons. I was really shocked to see the very low prices for a headset that I think is amazing...Ok, now a question about the price. I see more sites with this model for $115-120 ( On Example of this price is here: http://www.spinnerspilotshop.com/cgi-local....html?E+scstore ). Now, on a site called L.C. Flight Products I find it for $98 ( http://www.lcflight.com/body_softcomm.html Fifth headset down). Should I go ahead with the L.C. site and purchase it from there or spend that $20 extra just to be safe? I hope L.C. is selling them new, not used. If they were used I would see them at $60-$70 range, correct? The name "Silver Fox" kind of sounds like a Women's headset, but nothing is mentioned, should I worry about this? Last but not least, does anyone here have experience with SoftComm, do they make a good overall product?Sorry about all my questions lately, trying to get all my hassles out of the way. Thanks Again,Jason :-wave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well personally I would go with the known retailer one who has an established return policy and use a credit card regardless.A price flux of 20 to 30 dollars on a headset is not too odd, the retailers may have bought a lot of them on sale thru a distributor or got the deal when they made a larger purchase etc