Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arif Munaf

Lenovo Y500 laptop for FSX ?

HI guys,

This is my first post on the AVSIM forums. I am not really sure if this is the right place or should this post be in another forum?

I am planning to buy a laptop next week and I will be using it for my study (software engineering) and FSX

My question is can I run FSX with reasonable tweaks on it ? I will not be using payware aircraft but would like to use custom AI and payware sceneries such as FlyTampa and Aerosoft.

Custom AI would be AI models from TFS, AIA, FAIB etc... And I will be compiling flightplans with AI Flight Planner.

And what is the equivalent percentage value of FS9 100% air traffic in FSX ?

The laptop has the following specs:

Lenovo IdeaPad Y Series Y500-00619-NL

15,6",

Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.4 GHz with Turbo Boost to 3.4 GHZ

8GB RAM DDR3 1600 MHz

1TB, 

GeForce GT750M 2GB DDR5

BD-DVD Drive

The BD-DVD drive is swap able, and I will swap it with a Samsung 840 128 GB SSD drive.

Regards,

Arif Munaf

( THE NETHERLANDS )

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Welcome to AVSIM.  I would say the laptop will work well in FSX.  I would be careful with the fsx settings though and don't try any LOD_Radius=6.5.  I would stay away from tweaks but make sure you have the highmemfix=1 in the Graphics section of the Fsx.cfg.  Are you installing Acceleration?  Check out the AVSIM Software and Hardware Guide which can be located under the Content tab in the Menu above.  It will provide you more info on tweaks and provide more hardware guidance. 

The equivalent percentage value of FS9 100% air traffic in FSX?  100%?  I wouldn't move the AI slider any higher than 40% though as it can be a fps killer.

Best regards,

Jim