Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

New to IF: I'm in Love!

I've had the iPad for about a year and only recently found X Plane and Infinite Flight. And I do love Infinite Flight, many thanks for such a fantastic app! I've been obsessed with aircraft since the age of 10, and my experience of flight sims has been disasterous. Every one I bought failed to successfuly work on my current PC, and I gave up trying fifteen years ago. IF is the flight sim I never thought Id get to play, it has those wonderful details that remind me this is pretty hardcore and not some arcade action game.

Alot of people on fb seem to give you lists of things to add, but I know that you cant just add stuff in without a penalty, the iPad is not unlimited in space or computing power. So, my advice is to keep it simple, keep it working. I don't mind inapp purchases, the app was so cheap to buy, I don't mind shelling out for a few planes and especially regions. More of those please!!!

If I have a gripe, it is purely the navigation. The beacon waypoints seem scattered randomly, but having them at crucial positions ready to make your turns onto approaches would be good. I never feel that plotting a route is easy. That and flying long haul distances in a big jet. Now that would be absolutely fantastic. I'm thrilledbtw to have the south of England/London airfields, I've been to some of them and its great to fly from them. Hoping one day a north of England region comes out so I can a) fly the scheduled service from Manchester or Newcastle to LHR and so that I can fly from the local airfield I took my flying lesson from.

Good work, keep it up, you are creating one hell of a product!! If there were IF Tshirts, I'd buy one!

Thanks for the feedback!

For the waypoints, we can't do much at this point, we rely on real world data. We plan on enabling User Waypoints so you can add your own defined plots on the map.

Thanks for your support :)

--

Matt