Sign in to follow this  
Spartan0536

KTPA Tampa3D Scenery

Hello everyone, I recently downloaded and installed a new  freeware scenery from the file library called Tampa3D, the quality of the work is quite nice especially if you use Airport Enhancer HDX and REX ESS + OD, however there is the really annoying scenery killing documented problem, there are giant black boxes covering the runways! I have looked at Flight Sim's forums and someone came up with a texture fix however apparently I am completely stupid when it comes to making textures (I am not a texture artist, in fact I don't think I have ever made texture before) so when someone tells me to make a black alpha channel saved in a DXT1 .DDS format I colored the background black and saved it in a DXT 1 .DDS format but to no avail.

Does anyone on here have the file needed to fix this error on and otherwise great piece of freeware, or can someone please give me the run down on how you exactly make a black alpha channel in a program like paint.net? Thanks for any and all help!

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I would look up the thread on flightsim.com about harry patten. It appears that the scenery is a pirated version of flytampas scenery. That is why the black boxes exist, and the scenery looks so nice.

interesting as to why AVSIM and Flightsim would allow the files, I have KTPA for FS9 from FlyTampa and it looks better than this freeware one, given there are some similarities, however there are plenty of differences.... Has it been confirmed that it is a pirated version of KTPA from FlyTampa?

Has it been confirmed that it is a pirated version of KTPA from FlyTampa?

It looks that way:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?264491-Need-Help-With-Lukla-Freeware-Scenery&highlight=lukla+airport

Seems as though someone who could make textures and models that well, could figure out how to fix the black boxes.

Well I have managed to fix the black boxes, if this is pirated I am not sure I want to openly post the fix, but if it is not in violation of the TOS here at AVSIM I will at request.