Sign in to follow this  
mikeinflight

Not your typical panel.cfg problem

So I have corrected all my panel.cfg files for 3 monitors so I don't get the flashing cursor when doing free flights.  The problem is when I am doing the missions in FSX.  Some of the aircraft that dont have problems during free flight give me the flash cursor problem.  I am having this problem with the lear 45 for example.

Any ideas on what the problem is here.  Do the missions use a different panel.cfg file that I am not aware about?

Thanks for the help.

I had this problem in the Aerosoft Twin Otter/Real Air Duke/Legacy and Spitfire and also my A2A aircraft,  it appears its when it try's to  load the view that has NO instruments that it goes mad.  I posted on the Aerosoft page and Matt_Smith gave me this solution, works like a dream  no spinning cursors on any of my aircraft now,  you lose the view with no instruments,  but hey I can live with that!

This MAY  help with the missions, may not but worth a try,  just BACK UP files before any changes !

May not work on planes with no VC though   ( I only use VC ones)

Before doing this BACK up your original  your camera config  in location that you have your data in

eg mine is

C:\Users\Steven\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

From your "cameras.cfg"  file get rid of this  "

[CameraDefinition.001]
Title = Cockpit
Guid = {B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5}
Description = This is the description of the cockpit view
Origin = Cockpit
ShowPanel = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal
SnapPbhReturn = True
PanPbhAdjust = Ordinal
PanPbhReturn = True
Track = None
ShowAxis = FrontOnly
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Thanks Bozdog.  To confirm the way I run my setup is three monitors with a 4th where I like to put my gauges.  So ideally i like the three monitors with no instrument view.  Bozdog, are we on the same page where this is the solution I am looking for?

Thanks

I had this problem in the Aerosoft Twin Otter/Real Air Duke/Legacy and Spitfire and also my A2A aircraft,  it appears its when it try's to  load the view that has NO instruments that it goes mad.  I posted on the Aerosoft page and Matt_Smith gave me this solution, works like a dream  no spinning cursors on any of my aircraft now,  you lose the view with no instruments,  but hey I can live with that!

This MAY  help with the missions, may not but worth a try,  just BACK UP files before any changes !

May not work on planes with no VC though   ( I only use VC ones)

Before doing this BACK up your original  your camera config  in location that you have your data in

eg mine is

C:\Users\Steven\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

From your "cameras.cfg"  file get rid of this  "

[CameraDefinition.001]
Title = Cockpit
Guid = {B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5}
Description = This is the description of the cockpit view
Origin = Cockpit
ShowPanel = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal
SnapPbhReturn = True
PanPbhAdjust = Ordinal
PanPbhReturn = True
Track = None
ShowAxis = FrontOnly
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE

Hi I only use vc on. 3 moniitors always went to the spinning cursor if I switched to the no instrument view and only on certain aircraft since removing it I have never had the problem again. Difficult to solve I guess if this is the view you use

Quest 2

Windows 11

Thanks Bozdog.  This did work to stop the cursor.  Let me ask you a basic question.  When flying in VC what is the best way to position yourself so you can see in front of you.   Do you just keep using the zoom etc?

Hi I use track IR with the centering button handy,  but only tend to use it for take off and landing as dont like wearing headphones for the whole flight, also i have a couple of saitek instrument panels so zoom in on the VC and use them when landing to monitor speed,  track IR is great because you can easily stand up and look over the nose as well  to simulate leaning forward in your chair etc.

Although recently my Saitek FIP keep freezing  ;-(

Sorry if this text is big pc gone a bit weird !

Quest 2

Windows 11