Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bozdog

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bozdog

  1. Hi what setting is this “I lock ASW at 30hz” ie where is this set. Thanks
  2. I’ve been away for awhile from flight and I thought I’d boot up 24 again. Even with Settings down on medium or low, I can’t fly for more than about 30 minutes without a crash very jerky and the sound is chopping all over the place. so I returned to MSFS and with the same hardware set up it’s a solid 35 frames per second and really really really smooth is 24 just not optimised yet or is it that the quest two is just not up to the job? Any thoughts? I’ve got 24 for about another six months as it was part of a Broadband package that gave me game pass for a year where I actually own MSFS outright
  3. SOLVED !!! I think !!!!! May be useful to others out there ! I have been in discussions with Meta Support desk, who have been very quick and fast to respond with suggestions. Dis a complete uninstall , factory reset of the Quest 2 all to no avail. However in Oculus Debug Tool there is a setting "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" this was set to "enabled". Changed that to "disabled" In the Encode Bitrate the default ( clean install) was 500. Changed that down to 250 done a quick 15 min test and now get 36 FPS and no lag with AIRLINK
  4. must be some weird issue with my wireless connection to my pc via link. Cable No problem but using link without msfs even loaded if I connect wirelessly I get to see the desktop but at the side its a graphical mess of moving triangles and the sound stutters. The connection says its excellent though on a 5 connection. No idea what is happening here then? faulty headset? When connected says Network Band 5GHZ Channel Width 160mhz Ethernet connection connected Wi Fi signal Strong But when switch to air link sound goes all stuttery and I have graphical glitches at the side kaleidoscope triangles and the whole dashboard stutters doing my head in ! tried Steam VR and that opens then when i switch to VR says cant detect a signal form pc arrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Thought I would try airlink with my Quest 2 before going VD. 6 FPS in a default plane at LAX. My Router says Wi fi 6, strong signal excellent connection. But at the side of the image before even going to msfs24 the image is a blur of triangles like something out of the titles of Dr Who !? No idea what that is. Don't get it with link cable. Switched back to link cable 20FPS Switched to MSFS (20) Just Flight Hawk at LAKX 35 - 55 FPS with link cable 2 Hours trying to get MSFS24 to work "useable" just don't have this time at the moment to spare so back to MSFS, my system is not poor so link should give reasonable results one would think. Maybe come back in a few years when can go for a beast of a system and a new headset. Concerned if i buy V Desktop would get the same results. sooo frustrating ;-(
  6. Happy new year all. I have almost given up on msfs24 in my quest 2. However I think maybe it’s time to try Virtual Desktop as a last resort i have seen posts about this needing a good router. I have just upgraded my broadband to ee wi fi 7 and get download speeds on wi fi of around 500mb Is this ok for this type of set up ? also does vir Desktop work for other apps as well such as F1 23? I have been using the link cable but would be nice to go wireless is it easy to set up ? Any one have aset up guide for dummies link ? 😀 many thanks for any advise
  7. I’m getting CTD most of the time in quest 2 . Probably only managed 30 minutes since release very frustrating
  8. I have the quest 2. Got a lot of crashes with it but since last update have managed a quick flight but was less than half an hour test. I get around 42 fps in the countryside but settings dialled down. However cockpit pretty clear in TAA outside not great though. Think we are limited by the quest 2. I use the link cable. Heard vdesktop is good but not investing yet as don’t use it that much as cod and Indiana taking up my time at present. Msfs 2020 is much more stable
  9. I’m lucky in that just changed my broadband and got game pass for a year as part of the deal so will see if vr gets playable, in that time as currently constant crashes using a quest 2. If dosnt improve back to msfs standard as that works great I purchased that outright
  10. Did you find a solution to this? I cannot seem to assign a key to this 🥲
  11. Presently having to stick to 2d wasted my days off trying to get it acceptable. Don’t mind not crystal clear just want it not to crash 😢
  12. Hi All, Frustrated so far. I wanted to do the career mode. Cant get the toolbar to open in VR. it just has a "?" on kit and does not let me change it to another key? Cant see the instructions of what the emission objective is.? Taxi to Runway 2, hold short etc etc. These show up in 2D Performance in Quest 2 very poor, setting mainly set to low or medium, and have not managed a flight without a crash yet. Lock up Mouse becoming inactive and then having to switch to the quest controllers Also lots of flickering and jumping of the image. using Link Cable. Anyone got any Quest 2 tips? Appreciate any help
  13. OMG done that and now 2 minutes and 7 seconds from launching game to the menus. Thank you sooooooooooooooo much. why this causes issues like this is bizarre. Also that someone found the solution , wow this forum never ceases to amaze me how helpful members are.
  14. Nothing at all in community folder. I do have 2020still installed . It’s the activating packages that is taking the time while animation plays takes about 8 mins to get to 15% . Then from then 16% to 17. % 3 minutes then hits 18% and the rest takes about 10 seconds
  15. Nothing at all in community folder. I do have 2020still installed . Its the activating packages that is taking the time. cheers
  16. Hi only just installed . I have set most setting to medium in msfs24. In quest App set to 80 hertz 1* I get about 32fps in the countryside but as soon as I press escape then click on end free flight it crashes out. Anyone had any issues/ managed to solve them ? Can you post your settings ? i run it on pc via the xbox game pass app thanks for any comments
  17. Late to the party as just changed ISP and get game pass for 12 months just installed and loaded up it gets to the screen activating packages and it takes about 20 minutes to get past this each time before I’m actually in the game. Is this normal? cheers
  18. When using it in VR is there a way to see the utility so you can monitor what its doing , your frames etc? cant seem to get it to overlay in side the cockpit? Probably an easy option i have not switched on but any help appreciated. Cheers cheers
  19. I’ve had stutter for 12 months every 20 minutes or so and completely random it seems . Finally think it’s been solved by one of two changes. I did two changes together not sure which one was the solution but not rolling either back ! 1. Change the Intel WiFi Transmit Power settings Step 1. Press Windows and R at the same time to open the Run command. Step 2. Type devmgmt.msc, click OK and then select Device Manager. Step 3. Click Network adapters, right-click on your Intel WiFi driver, and then select Properties. Step 4. Open the Advanced tab, find Property, and then click Transmit Power entry. Step 5. In Transmit Power, change the value to 3, and then click on OK. Now you just need to reboot your PC, and check if the Windows 11 audio cracking problem is resolved. 2. I installed advanced system care ( free) When I ran the optimiser it suggested I make one change I can’t remember the exact wording something like “ your system interrupt delay is set too high do you want to amend it “. This is something I believe part of the pc is waiting for instructions and the wait causes sound stutter reducing the wait time allows the sound to continue through as normal. It’s a windows setting not a driver I literally have been going insane trying to sort over 12 months in all games reinstalled so many drivers so many times without success. Now had 3 sessions with shut downs in between each one. Total game time 6 hours no stutter or crackling I have everything crossed one of these has fixed it !!! Hope it helps
  20. Just out of interest do you use direct X9 or 10 I'm thinking about having a try with 10 and just wondered if there's any implications with three monitorsCheers Steve
  21. HI Rodger, this may sound like I am teaching you to suck eggs; I am using 3 Acer on a 680GTX. Is Your desktop set up in surround so that you have 1 LArge desktop spanning over the 3 screens? Bring up the Menu within fsx at the top. go to VIEWS Ensure there is a Tick in "Full Screen" An Alternative is try just pressing ALT ENTER on your keyboard. I do recall this happening to me but it was years ago I think the ALT ENTER fixed it If you cant stretch across the monitors seems like its not in windowed mode. In your Nvidia control panel have you selected a resolution same as within fsx or similar eg 5996 x 1080 Make sure in the display options within fsx itself (load up menu) that you have selected and saved the 5996 x 1080 , it may be the current video driver you are using. or was that ok before? My config has [DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680.0] Mode=5996x1080x32 WideViewAspect=True Let me know if this helps and if not I will keep racking my brains Steve Another thing to try may be put it into windowed mode using the menu. Drag it over say two of your screens in windowed mode. Then once covering two screens then select the "full Screen option, see if it then spans them all,but not in windowed mode. ?
  22. Where do you get it from? I assume SOH is an abbreviation for something? Cheers Edit Sussed it Sim outhouse ;-)
  23. As per Glynn s post if youhave Orbx Scenery Goto C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Orbx Check for the file called TODO, this stopped my install failed at the very end . Removed the file and all ok

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.