Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Anyone got the Doha Photoreal scenery from ASVSIM library?

That is, doha_photoreal.zip...

This is one of those odd cases where one scenery seems to create real oddities half-way across the world. If you have installed this scenery, go to the Bristol Channel in the UK, just a few miles north-west of Filton EGTG. Do you have double suspension bridges there? By trial and error I traced the problem to file Bridges01.bgl in the Doha buildings folder. If you decompile this to an xml file, you can see that there are lots of bridges included thousands of miles from Doha.

There is also a very large file called bridges.bgl which contains the models for the bridges. I guess that without bridges01.bgl, which specifies their placement (both files have the same number of entries - 169: that's a lot of bridges for Doha!!!) none of the bridges will show at all. I may edit the bgl file so that it only shows bridges in the Doha region, though I guess I can't upload it unless I contact the original scenery maker..

Having decompiled the bgls, I can't see any bridges at all in these files that are anywhere near the longitude or latitude of Doha, so I have just removed them from the folder...