Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Question about MDA's on IAP's

The bold (big numbers are your minimums for the respective category.860/24 this is your straight in minimum, it is 860 feet and a visiblity of 2400 feet ( a dash "-" and a number means miles) the next number the small one is the height above the airport at MDA and the last numbers, the one in () are military minimums and not applicable to civilian aircraft.

I have question about the VOR Runway 35 approach at Manchester Airport (KMHT). I would like to know what the minimum descent altitutde for the approach is at the airport. I have highlited the numbers in the descent altitude. For example a Category A approach aircraft has the numbers 860/24 626 (700-1/2) assigned to it in the S-35 row. Which is the MDA, and what do the others mean? I'd appreciate any help :)http://server2.fs2002.com/uploaded_images/vorrnwy35.jpg Oh yeah and don't use this chart to navigate in the real world, its old :-roll

Thanks a lot JP! Good thing I asked or I may have made a landing in a tree ;)

In the military we use the numbers in parentheses for minimum ceiling (AGL) and prevailing visibility. Just in case anyone cares:-) Tyler StutzmanC-130H Flight Engineer

Hi Tyler,I'm currently doing my IR. Once again, the military figures on the IAP are referred to as "we don't need to know that", but I've always wondered just how they are used. Thanks for that explanation (now I can really impress the DE!! , Not- you never answer something you're not asked :) ).Thanks again,Bruce.