Sign in to follow this  
FlyBaby

Need help with Carenado SR22 APP Autopilot...

When setting the ILS freq in my NAV/NAV2 and switching cdi to NAV1/Nav2, the approach autopilot does not always work; about 30% of the time it does. I also get similar results with the NAV autopilot. When using GPS, the AP works all the time.

When the APP autopilot does work (plane moves towards the heading), the AP does not hold the glidescope, has actually plunged me into the ground 2 miles from the runway and sharply decreases / increases altitude..

Any help with this?

Apch mode should work within about 20 mi of the localizer and be sure you're below the GS when you engage it. It will only work if the CDI needle is green (not GPS mode)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks...

I have tried the scenario parameters you described above. When below the GS and about 7 miles out, the plane (when AP actually engages) shoots up in the air to seemingly catch the GS then shoots down sharply...very erratic at times, but never actually descends according to the GS. 

Interesting...

What airport and ILS is it? Default scenery too?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This one?
http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1308/00744IL28R.PDF

edit: looks like real world charts have a new runway assignment but yeah I flew ILS Ry 27R KFLL and it worked fine

pic: http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/ils27Rfll.jpg~original

For some reason though I couldn't produce more than 85% power... *sigh*

For testing fly at 2000 ft about 8 miles ENE of the field, turn right hdg 180, then wait a few seconds, turn right heading 245 for an intercept angle and press APR mode.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

yes, that's the one. thanks...i will try when I get to the sim.

On your pic, the PFD states "PIT" in the 3rd long box from the left (second row from the top). I remember mine displaying "ALT." Do you know what the 3rd long box represents?