Sign in to follow this  
Akila

How to correctly fill in NGX FMC GPS waypoints?

Hi all,

about two weeks ago I flew as a passenger on a flight from VTBS (BKK) -to-> VTSP (HKT) with Bangkok Airways flight No. BKP(PG)277.

I had my iPAD with me that is equipped with a GPS receiver & JEPPESEN JeppFD application installed on it.

I decided I will track live the entire flight with JeppFD and record the exact route it flew.

JeppFD is very accurate, not only it shows you the plane progress live on route, it also shows you live the plane's position as it moves on the Airport's TAXI chart.

this was very cool.

But I digress....

any way I tracked the entire flight from the moment of P/B & EGT Start to the moment it arrived to the gate of the destination airport.

here are the Flight details:

BKP277 -  Depart from Gate A4 - TAXI via T4, C, T6,T7, H, E- takeoff RWY19R - FL340 - ROVEN, LAVIN, LASER,
N13 22.6 E100 41.2, N13 03.7 E100 38.7, N09 08.6 E099 00.6, ANFIL, HKTEI, HKTEF - Landing RWY27 - TAXI via (exit RW) E (HS3) - Gate 10

Why am I mentioning this?

I want to mimic the exact flight route in the simulator with my NGX, however I am not totally sure on how to correctly insert the GPS coordinates into the FMC (what format, etc).

Can one or more of you guys help me how to insert the aforementioned coordinates into the FMC of the NGX (the correct syntax)?

Another question, I know it is not really related to the NGX, however I am sure many of you would know, so I am taking advantage of the stage asking this as well as it is related.

How do I insert the aforementioned GPS coordinates into VATSIN flight plan (the correct syntax)?

I use SB BTW.

really appreciate it.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Its super easy to see what format the FMC needs. When you start the plane up look at the POS INIT page in the FMC - you will see a GPS or IRS co-ordinate - click it to copy it to your scratchpad and it will magically appear exactly how the FMC wants you to enter it into the FMC.

If I remember correctly your first point "N13 22.6 E100 41.2" translates to N1322.6E10041.2 in the FMC - may have got that slightly wrong but if you do the above the FMC will show you how it wants Lat/Longs written.

Its super easy to see what format the FMC needs. When you start the plane up look at the POS INIT page in the FMC - you will see a GPS or IRS co-ordinate - click it to copy it to your scratchpad and it will magically appear exactly how the FMC wants you to enter it into the FMC.

If I remember correctly your first point "N13 22.6 E100 41.2" translates to N1322.6E10041.2 in the FMC - may have got that slightly wrong but if you do the above the FMC will show you how it wants Lat/Longs written.

I am referring to the route/LEGS.

is that the same format you would enter into the RTE/LEGS page?

You can reference the PMDG NGX FCOM page 11.31.15 for a list of the different waypoint formats

Couldn't find it in the search.

could you tell me what page in the PDF it is (there are 1035 pages)?

*EDIT: Never mind, found it :)

Joel Strikovsky

Can one or more of you guys help me how to insert the aforementioned coordinates into the FMC of the NGX (the correct syntax)?

Go to the FMC INDEX. Select NAV DATA. Give your waypoint a name in the scratchpad and enter with L1 key under the field labeled WPT IDENT. This will bring up the WPT IDENT page where you can enter the coordinates. Insert the the coordinates in the same format as you described above but omit the periods so that N13 22.6 E100 41.2 is entered first as "N13226" in the scratchpad, then line selected using the left key (L3 from memory, but could be wrong) then "E100412" with R3. Press EXEC and repeat for each additional waypoint. If you make a mistake. Enter the wapypoint name. Press the DEL key, then L1 to remove it.

When you have finished, simply enter the WPT IDENT names you created into the RTE LEGS page (LEGS key on the CDU).

OK , thanks to you all.

both "Vagabondo" & "RiceySpicey" worked just fine and it did the Job.

Also thanks for "Continental737" for addressing me to the correct spot in the FCON manual which I followed as a format to enter (came out the same format RiceySpicey mentioned).

Now is there a correct Format I need to enter in my Flight plan for the GPS coordinates submitted to the Controller in VATSIM?

I am using SB.

Joel Strikovsky