Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

No Navdata folder in FSX

Hello people,

I could use a little help here. 

I am subscribed to Navigraph and I do have the newest AIRAC 1309 installers here. I wanted to update it today, but when I opened the OPUS Server today, clicked on Weather -> Flight Plan Options, I noticed you can set your FSX NavData folder which will was still on default. It says it will always default to FSX/Navigraph/NavData.

But when I opened my FSX folder, there is no Navigraph folder there, nothing. What should I do? I have Opus FSX installed on a different drive (E:/FSX add-ons/Opus Software).
Inside this folder there is a Navdata folder however, should I point the program to this folder? 

The manual says I should subscribe to Navigraph if I have no Navdata folder. I have, but have no NavData folder, how should I get one?

Please help me.

Hi everyone,

Never mind, I figured it out already.

It turned out I always had been installing my Navigraph cycles for OPUS in the OPUS root folder, which made more sense to me than installing into the main FSX folder.

Now I read something on another forum explaining that you should install it into your main FSX folder. I've just done this, and now I do have the Navigraph folder inside D:/FSX. 

It turned out I always had been installing my Navigraph cycles for OPUS in the OPUS root folder, which made more sense to me than installing into the main FSX folder.

Now I read something on another forum explaining that you should install it into your main FSX folder. I've just done this, and now I do have the Navigraph folder inside D:/FSX. 

So it works then? I know where you mean about the default setting for the data in Opus menu. My Opus Navigraph folder is in Opus main folder (by default install) and as far as i know Opus works fine with a flight plan set up for data. I don't subscribe to Navigraph cycles though. Should i point Opus to Opus/Navigraph then as i don't have one in main FSX folder either.

Can Opus please confirm?

Kind Regards

Simon.

The standard <SIM>\Navigraph\Navdata\ path is the default location for these files but they may be located elsewhere (e.g. NavDataPro folder). You can store the data anywhere you wish and just Browse to that folder in the Flight Plan dialog.

If you don't subscribe but do have PMDG or iFly aircraft sims then Navigraph Navdata supplied for the PMDG aircraft is in your <SIM>\PMDG\NAVDATA folder and iFLY files are in the <FSX>\iFly\Navdata folder.

If you don't subscribe and don't have any aircraft sims with Navdata then a default version of the files (apart from SIDs and STARs) are automatically installed into your <SIM>\Navigraph\Navdata folder, I believe we create the folder automatically if it does not already exist.

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl

I don't have a Navigraph folder in FSX folder but i do have a NavDataPro folder in there. Should i point it to there from Flight Plan Dialog? I assume otherwise its pointing to your Opus folder for data where a Navigraph folder resides or are they different data?

Kind Regards

Simon.

Yes, I would point it to your NavDataPro folder since you probably have SIDs and STARs data there which the Opus default data doesn't.

If you didn't have that NavDataPro data or you think the Opus version is more recent data then you can leave the default path (<SIM>\Navigraph\Navdata) configured in the dialog since Opus would automatically create the folder and copy Navdata to your <SIM>\Navigraph\Navdata folder.

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl i will do that : )

Kind Regards

Simon.