Sign in to follow this  
KingGhidorah

Public Apology

I have recently recieved a PM from Mr. Allensworth informing me that I am expected to issue a public apology to SpiritFlyer for my response to his assumed actions in the thread titled "Beta Testers and....Bribes" http://forum.avsim.net/topic/417378-beta-testers-andbribes/

I strongly criticised SpiritFlyer for "banning" the Original Poster in what I thought was an outrageous over-reaction and misinterpretation of the O.P's tone and intent.

As it turns it, the O.P. was neither temporarily "suspended" nor brought up in front of a review board to determine if a permanent "ban" would be placed upon him.  I am informed by Mr. Allensworth that since these actions never actually took place, my criticism was therefore without justification, and that I owe SpiritFlyer an apology.  Therefore, I am sorry to SpiritFlyer for assuming that the actions had actually occurred as he stated they would be, and for my incorrect usage of the terms "banning" and "suspension" as being interchangeable.

Thank you for reading this.  I hope this will suffice to clear up these misunderstandings and satisfy the parties involved.

I think I finally figured out what I missed.

I agree the apology was in order. I also understand the desire to defend the OP. That was my initial reaction as well. Just imagine his shock--being from South Africa, where bribery is very much a way of life. To get this kind of a reception at the bear mention of it must be a real culture shock.

Moving along...

Thank you for reading this. I hope this will suffice to clear up these misunderstandings and satisfy the parties involved.

It does. Thank you.

Now closed.