Sign in to follow this  
Dean33

Can't change Nav 1 standby frequency before arrival

Nav 1 frequency is changeable on the ground but several times when I try to set ILS frequency before arrival I have found the frequency locked.

The click spots are there but they do not work.

Nav 2 is fine.

Any suggestions please?

Dean Logan

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Hi Dean

Would need more information to try and help, like: has this always been the case or has it just occurred. As a starting point to try and eliminate "pilot error" can you confirm that you have both engine generators ON after start up, and perhaps a screen shot of the overhead at the time that the radio will not tune. A second thing to try is to see if it is happening with all default planes or just the NGX, so try again with a default plane and see if the radio can be tuned in the air with default plane.

Hope tis helps a little.

Kind regards

John Calleja (armchair pilot)

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Hi Dean

Would need more information to try and help, like: has this always been the case or has it just occurred. As a starting point to try and eliminate "pilot error" can you confirm that you have both engine generators ON after start up, and perhaps a screen shot of the overhead at the time that the radio will not tune. A second thing to try is to see if it is happening with all default planes or just the NGX, so try again with a default plane and see if the radio can be tuned in the air with default plane.

Hope tis helps a little.

Kind regards

John Calleja (armchair pilot)

Thanks for your suggestions John

Both generators seem to be on.  

Apu is off.

It has only happened recently.  Been flying NGX 18 months.

Only experienced on NGX.

Swapped mid flight to default 737 and then JS41 and both Ok.

Reloaded flight from saved mid flight position and NAV1 still unchangeable (NAV 2 fine).

THEN I tried mid air change from 700 NGX to 800 NGX and it sorted it!

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Wow seems you have a workaround. If it were me I think I would have the default Cessna with the engine running and all avionics on and radios working (and nav 1 selected in the Cessna radio panel) ,parked  at your favourite airport, then save that as the default flight. I would also delete any saved flights so start with a fresh situation. Then select your NGX from the free flight window.

This may cure the problem, but if not you still have your workaround.

Kind Regards

John Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Cheers John

I'll give that a go.

Dean

Dean Logan