Sign in to follow this  
btwilks

The link to live-streaming videos has gone

A few months ago AvSim intorduced a new link, in the menu line at the top of the page, to live-streaming videos.

I found this a useful addition to AvSim's 'entertainment portfolio' even if my wife didn't quite agree .... "So, as well as spending countless hours in those darned pretend airplanes, you're also going to be wasting your time watching other people pretending to be pilots?" (or words to that effect).

However, that link disappeared about a couple of weeks ago. I thought that perhaps it was just a temporary thing - especially as there was a notice at the top of the forums for quite a while saying that, because of the imminence of the 777's release, some things might be slow, absent etc until matters quietened down.

We seem to be back to normal service now yet the live video link remains absent.

If it's been dropped because no-one (except me!) was using it, that would be understandable of course - and most of the live videos can be accessed via the TwitchTV website anyway. Alternatively, if it's just gone missing by accident or oversight, is there any chance someone could add it back in to the menu bar?

Many thanks

Brian Wilks

Edit: Thinking about this after posting, I suspect the post would maybe have been more appropriately placed in Hangar Chat or Letters To Editorial Staff; please feel free to move it if so.

Hi Chase

The link to the streaming videos has reappeared in the banner menu; many thanks for fixing that.

At the moment, however, both the direct link in your post and the link on the banner menu are bringing up a message saying that the link has been temporarily disabled during the lead-up to the 777's release.

If things are still busy (even post-release) then a few extra days' wait until the link goes active again won't cause me any heartbreak (and will please the wife mightily). Alternatively, if things have now quietened down and the reactivation of the link just needs another button pushed somewhere, are you the man for the job ... or is that 'Tom-grade' work?    ;-)

Thanks again, anyway.

Brian Wilks

At the moment, however, both the direct link in your post and the link on the banner menu are bringing up a message saying that the link has been temporarily disabled during the lead-up to the 777's release.

Proper switch now thrown.

Brilliant - these streaming videos are better than most of what is on television nowadays. Thank you, sir!

Brilliant - these streaming videos are better than most of what is on television nowadays. Thank you, sir!

You are certainly welcome. Just don't let the cat out of the bag with your wife, so to speak.