Sign in to follow this  
Loki

Unable to locate fsx.exe

I just purchased the 777 and when I try to go through Setup the first thing I see is a window popping up saying "Unable to locate fsx.exe.  Unable to Install."  I click OK, which is the only option, that window disappears and I sit here and stare at my monitor and say something like "Well shucks..."

My system is an SSD on which the OS sits, and then an internal HDD on which everything else, including FSX, is sitting.  How do I direct setup to see that FSX is over there and not on the OS SSD?

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

Registry Repair Tool, Run as Administrator.

If an installer can't find FSX, it means the windows registry doesn't know where FSX is. When the installer is run, it asks the Operating system where certain files are. Windows holds a registry, like an index, of the location of various files on the HDD/SDD's. FSX isn't listed on your operating system, thus the Installer doesn't know where it is.

Incidently this same issue will also cause the PMDG 744 and MD11 to have no Magnetic Variation data, and fly off course and show the wrong heading on the ND.

And they shall name you above all overs!  Thank you friend!

I had found this tool in my Googling adventures but didn't trust it.  Seeing it posted here though made me try.  Thanks again!