Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Can't set the engines to 55% and an observation

Hi all,

So spent the day getting to grips with my new 777, wow amazing but I have two questions.

The first regards the inability of the engines to stabilize at 55% before advancing the power levers for a take off. I have the Autothrottle's on but advance the levers manually like in the MD11. Each time the N1 indications advance and then drop back to idle! but not together, maybe left or right then the other. This is very weird!

I noticed that each time this happens I Eicas message "Doors Auto" is showing, once or twice I noticed this message flash is if it's highlighting some issue with the doors, which are set to closed and auto in the FMC.

I use FSUIPC and disabled the "Axis Calibration" in FSUIPC option for the throttles as recommended in the PMDG introduction manual, this made no difference to the behavior of the throttles at all, but I can't delete the FSUIPC.ini file as suggested because I have a whole load of profiles saved in that file which wouldn't get re-written. 

I know there have been other comments in the forum about this issue but wanted to put my own observations down in writing too.

I also noticed on my first long range flight today that flying in the cruise with a side wind from the right of 51kts, engine 2 was running at 950 on the N1 gauge but engine 1 was dropping down to 322 at times on the N1 gauge. I was wondering if this is something that the 777 is supposed to do in a side wind like this or again something connected with the above issue?

Once again a great aircraft.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.