Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

Now scratching my head!

hi guys

Well I've got to the point now were I don't know what else to try,so I hope someone can offer suggestions.

I have my main pc cabled to my router and a laptop that is wified to the router both use win 7 and are on the same homegroup/network

I am trying to access the maps function in Opus weather on my laptop but according to Opus the laptop can't access the folder that the necessary files are in.They have been a help but I'm not all that good on networking I've tried everything they suggested but still to no avail.

So far on my main pc that runs fsx I have shared my entire drive with homegroup/network I have gone into properties and made sure everybody and all the other permissions are set to full access I have gone into the individual fsx and opus folders to double check that they are set to share and that everything is set to full access.

From my wified laptop I can see the files and interact with them ie write to or delete so as far as I can tell these 2 computers are networked fully.

But when I run fsx and use the Opus weather using the opus server on main pc and opus client on the laptop that is were the problems begin from the client I can bring up items in fsx in the window of fsx no problem and the server/client of opus are sincked as they show up green and connected but if I want to view maps of the various weather conditions it just brings up blank maps or if I want the metar reports from the client I get nothing but if I go into the folder through the network I can bring them up.

According to Opus they say that the client cannot access these files but I've checked all the sharing for these files they are set to share and permissions are set to full control for everybody

I'm now stumped and cant think of anything else as my knowledge of networking is VERY limited

any ideas what to try /look for the path on my main pc is C:\opusfsx\themes\weathermap.dat that the client program is looking for.

As I say C is fully shared Opusfsx is fully shared themes is fully shared and even weathermap.dat is fully shared

Thanks

Pete Little

Hi Pete, do this

• Map Network Drive
  • Check Reconnect at Sign in
  • Browse the network and select the pc/folder that has been shared
  • Check box Connect using different credentials
  • and then call your pc with the credentials that belongs to that pc to login

Jan