Sign in to follow this  
Brenchen

Time Related Queries

Couple time-related problems I've been having, and only recently it had become more obvious and starting to affect my simming experience.

1. Timezone offset in FSX time isn't so correct I'm pretty sure most of you would have realised this.  Because of this, the transition in dawn/dusk isn't correct.  Are there any correction patch available for this problem?  Best to include daylight saving options as well.
  2. This is more PMDG 777 related, but I guess it bores down to FSX settings.  I had somehow set FSX time to sync with system time.  And when I speed up the PMDG simulation, the time was still sync'd, therefore essentially I was travelling back in time.  I was just wondering how do I unsync the time so that if I increase the sim rate, the time would run x-times as fast also?

I had a search already, particularly of the first question.  If I've missed anything, please do point me to some existing source or fill me in.

Thanks in advance.

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!