Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leeroy173

ILS with wrong freq. given by FMC

Hey guys,

after my first few landings with the new 777 I realised that often the ILS would not work (dont even show anything) so I tested some stuff and found out that the FMC on both 777 and 737 and i guess MD-11 (did not test with this) give me wrong ILS freq. when i land at airports where i have a scenery installed. It gives me right freq. on default airports..

I dont know what to do so i hope one of you guys hase some advice for me.

thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I dont know what to do so i hope one of you guys hase some advice for me.

Your installed scenery is out of sync with the real world frequencies probably.  Go to whoever developed the scenery and look for an updated AFCAD that includes the updated frequencies.

The problem is that the nav data that the 777 ships with is up to date (through this Sunday).  The aircraft doesn't have some system that sends magical unicorns ahead of it to tell it which frequency to listen to; rather, it looks at its database that says "the frequency for this ILS is 123.45."  This, again, comes from the updatable nav data that came with the plane.  If this does not match your add-on airport, you can either re-type it, or ensure you have the appropriate setting marked in PMDG SETUP > Simulation (I think...not sure, check the intro manual's section that explains all of the settings).

Your installed scenery is out of sync with the real world frequencies probably.

But why are the default airports (of wich the data in the sim should be much older) not out of sync?

But why are the default airports (of wich the data in the sim should be much older) not out of sync?

No idea.  There's an identified problem with the add on scenery, though, so in the realm of troubleshooting, the first step is to check to ensure the changed item is in compliance with reality.

Start there.  If everything's fine there, then we can get into the other discussion.