Sign in to follow this  
ripthejacker99

REVERSE ENGINEERING

Hi all, whilst finding it difficult to say which is the best, the t7 or the 737ngx, I would say some things in the t7 package are remarkable.

Now, I often read from pmdg about reverse engineering new advances from the new sim into the previous projects, but don't notice this being done too often.

But I am sure that all enthusiasts here would welcome the autocruise feature being retrofitted into older pmdg sims.

It works so well, its unbelievably good.

what about it fellahs?

Lloyd jones

But I am sure that all enthusiasts here would welcome the autocruise feature being retrofitted into older pmdg sims.

It works so well, its unbelievably good.

what about it fellahs?

I don't have any info on how this will apply to earlier models, but "reverse engineering" is not being used correctly here.

Reverse engineering is essentially taking a process and trying to make your own version by taking it apart and learning how they did it.

What you're referring to is similar to the idea of "reverse compatibility" which is where I think you got confused in the terms.   I can't think of the term you're looking for off the top of my head ("retroactive updates," perhaps?), but I figured I'd let you know so that you don't get people unnecessarily defensive in future discussions.

When a developer sees "reverse engineering" it doesn't generally generate a good response.  It ranks up there with piracy.

Kyle Rodgers

retroactive updates, yes that's better. Didn't get any sleep last night, working. doh.

Anyhoo im sure most enthusiasts would know what I meant :rolleyes:

thanks kyle

Lloyd jones