Sign in to follow this  
RNAV

B777F Master Caution when starting 2nd engine

Hey folks,

I'm wondering about a Caution Message I get when starting Engine No.1 after having succesfully started No. 2 in the Freighter. There are no indications shown on the EICAS before starting the engines and the Before Start Checklist is completed normally, so I don't think that I forget to set up something. The first starting cycle for engine No. 2 (which I always start first) goes without any caution messages. After having started the first engine, I wait for any Overhead OFF announciator lights to extuingish (for example GEN ENG R) which relate to the engine which has just been started. I then select the startet switch for Engine No. 1 to GND and as soon as I set the Fuel Control Switch to RUN a Master Caution comes up, but without any EICAS Indication. After that, the start cycle is completed normally and the aircraft is fully operational. Only thing is that the Caution light stays illuminated for the rest of the flight and is not resettable (even with "Resettable Siren" turned to on in the Aircraft Configuration Menu). Is there really something I'm doing wrong or is it just a bug that will be fixed with the first patch?

Regards

Do not start a flight with the Cold and Dark panel state there is a bug in it in the RTM version of the 777, use the Short panel state instead then put the aircraft in the state you want it and then save that and assign it as your Startup state. You should find the Caution bug will be gone now, along with a couple of others you have not come across yet.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks for your replies, glad to see that it's noted for a fututre update. I've heard of the Cold and Dark bug before but was a bit skeptical as I am always using my own Panel State to start a flight so I just wanted to ask.