Sign in to follow this  
Yoda967

Black Screen and flickering hourglass

Okay...I've been fighting with this for 2 hours. I am posting here because this doesn't seem to be specific to any addon.When I try to go back to full screen after windowing FS9 to start either Squawkbox or Radar Contact 3.1, I get a black screen and a flickering hourglass. A check of the task manager shows that FS9 is still running. I have now seen this consistently for more than 2 hours...first time it's happened was in the last day or so, but I was able to restart the whole thing and get it to work on the second try before.It happens with add on planes and default. It happens with and without AS2004.5. It happens whether or not I have docked the ADV display.It does not happen when I am not attempting to run either SB or RC3.1.Has anybody else seen this? Am I doomed to a total reload?Kurt

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Kurt,happens to me as well, so I always stay in the full screen mode. Then I can Alt-Tab between different apps without problem. I believe someone described how to get rid of the black screen, but my memory isn't what it used to be. Let's see... :)If you can access the menu within FS while the black screen is active, try change the resolution, that should help. I use a secondary monitor and sometimes, when I drag a certain sub-panel over there it will go black and the hourglass flickers madly. Changing resolution brings it back. That's in full screen, though. What card are you using? I have a Radeon 9600XT and it COULD be that it is the culprit. Never had this black screen with my old Geforce 3.EDIT: BTW, I also use RC3 and AdvDisp, but RC3 is running on a secondary computer, so it's not that. Regards,Jurehttp://www.globecargo.org/images/VAA_Captain.jpg

Jure,Thanks so much for the quick and helpful response. I have a GeForce FX 5700, and I have been thinking that this may be the reason, but if you're running a Radeon card and get the same thing, that's probably not it. I have tried changing resolution when it happens, but with no luck.I hadn't thought to ALT-Tab between the various apps, so I'll give that a try tomorrow...it's 2320 now, so I'm off to hit the rack.Regards,Kurt

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200