Sign in to follow this  
tom4sim2009

PMDG Op Center - Update problem

Hi,

I'm unable to update PMDG Operation Center.

A few days ago I managed to update to version 1.4. It was some problems assosiated with "port 8888". I had to configurate port 8888. That fixed it.

But now, despite the "port 8888" fix I still can not update to 1.5.

I think It's related to "McAffee security center" (firewall)...but I'm not a computor guru and therfore don't know how to do!

Please help me!

Best Regards

/Tom

This is my computor:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: XPS 8500  
BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/25/12 17:09:41 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel® Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12252MB RAM
Page File: 4640MB used, 67609MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (2GB)

Go to your AV settings and block the file OpsCenterUpdater.exe located in "Program Files (x86)/PMDG" folder. Norton blocked it the first time then after "processing" it no longer blocks it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi, Downscc

Thank you for your concerne.

Yes, I had to change my McAfee AV settings to perform updating from my original version to version 1.4 (including the "port 8888" config).

I just don't know what to do right now!

Here is another try to discribe my short commings: 

Best Regards

/Tom

Please open a trouble ticket at the pmdg support portal and provide them all the info you have on the problem. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi, Downcc

I,ve sent a trouble ticket ("submit a ticket") to PMDG Support Portal.

I'm not shure how to send tickets it but it least it's somewere in the syberspace right now, i hope!

Best Regards

/Tom

Hi folks!

Yesterday the PMDG Support Portal  sent me a version 1.5-update via Ops Center "Notifications". 

I opened it, updated the Ops Center to ver 1.5 and all was OK. I download some liveries and exited the Ops Center.

One hour later I tried to open my newly downloaded PMDG Operations Center but NO...the same thing occured as described above

and once again I was unable to download new liveries ===>"There was an unknown error downloading the list of liveries"

Am I missing some .dll files in my computer?

This is funny though...hmmm

Don't sit up all night flying the Mighty T7 

Best Regards

/Tom

Hello azeem here

I had the same problem with operation centre, the only way to solve this problem is format yours windows or reinstalled windows, update drivers and then download flight simulator x then install pmdg 777 it will work. I had the same problem and the computer person said do this.

format yours windows or reinstalled windows, update drivers and then download flight simulator x then install pmdg 777 it will work.

Now that is very extreme. What kind of a computer person told you that? I very much doubt it was anybody from PMDG.

You should not be required to do that, ever. Except for some VERY bad virus - but even that virus will probably want to keep your system running well so it can do its virusy things.

Tom:

There is a new post from Tabs, says to update to 1.5.1 and send them a log... might be worth trying.

Hi Fabo

Two days ago I run the 1.5.1 update but the "Ops Center Modules" (PMDG 737ngx / 777 / Jetstream 4100) said v1.5 but anyway I was able to download some beautiful liveries.

Then I exited the Ops Center.

When I open up a and run Ops Center for some more liveries again I got that deadful "Error" message.

Yesterday I was forced create a new fsx.cfg file (I made a backup of fsx.cfg) because of some texture details that was missing...and then ALL my liveries of ALL installed aircrafts suddenly disapeared within fsx . 

Now I cant get them to work so I guess I will have to do a total reinstall of ALL my fsx scenery, airports and aircrafts or a reboot of fsx.

ThenI'm going to send the support team a log if the Ops Center still isn't working.

Best Regards

/Tom

Hi Fabo and Co

The PMDG Ops Center is OK now. It's a masterpiece!

The PMDG Support are my Super Heroes. What a Great Team!

I found my texture files (installed repaints etc) - I forgot to "check mark" Show all versions in  the FSX menue.

Best Regards and a Great Weekend to all of you

/Tom