Sign in to follow this  
jasonboche

Captain's clock stops updating

I'm not sure if this is a PMDG 777 bug or if it's FSX in general, I've just never seen it before.  Happened today on a long haul event flight.  The clock stopped updating at 17:29. Furthermore the buttons on the clock stopped functioning.  I could push/move them but there was no change on the display.  I toggled to outside view then back inside and no change.  Finally what broke it loose was cycling views inside the cockpit using the A key.

Jas

Happened today on a long haul event flight.  The clock stopped updating at 17:29. Furthermore the buttons on the clock stopped functioning.  I could push/move them but there was no change on the display.  I toggled to outside view then back inside and no change.  Finally what broke it loose was cycling views inside the cockpit using the A key.

FSX issue.  When over water, cycling views with S pushes you through tower view.  FSX finds no towers and freaks with the visuals (though things are find in the background).  Cycling views with A is a known fix.

I believe this is mentioned in the intro manual, and they recommend using right clicks to change views when you're nowhere near civilization.

Kyle Rodgers

I cannot answer this exactly, but I have seen similar in the 747-400X, NGX and this sounds similar - e.g. for me I've seen the ND stop updating and cycling the views had always worked for me.Never on the chrono though....

And 17 hours and a bit more - that's some flight  :lol:

I was just going to report that it's now happening with the main NAV display when I changed range - stuck on 40nm range even though I'm turning the knob.

Thank you for the quick replies, I have read both of the intro manuals for the 777 but didn't recall that part.  Good to know going forward.

Happy flying.

Never on the chrono though....

And 17 hours and a bit more - that's some flight  :lol:

1729z on the clock, not elapsed time chrono but I am flying the KMEM-OMDB 777 celebration event which will end up being about 14-15 hours if my FMC PROG button isn't on crack. :D