Sign in to follow this  
FlyBaby

OpusFSX Camera Control Help

I recently downloaded the demo. I am simply trying to adjust my “eye point” for each aircraft without having to edit the aircraft config file.

What I cannot seem to do is have the OPUS dialog sit on top of my FSX window so that I can “see” the view changes as I adjust pitch x and Y axis views controls. I am left with switching between FSX and OPUSFSX, but this does not always work because ALT – TAB does not play nice with FSX in Windows 7. Long story short, I have not been able to change any views.

In Xplane 10 there is a pilotview plugin that opens a window on top of the sim and you can both make view and see these changes at the same time. Can OPUS do this?

Opus can but I'm afraid FSX cannot. FSX has a bug in the code that means the 'dialog' mode does not work, in fact it will end up leaving nothing but a black screen. Hence, when operating in full screen mode it is not possible to see any dialogs from external programs. This is the same bug that causes the Alt-Tab not to work correctly.

You have a couple options though,

1. Use the Shortcuts dialog to assign buttons or keys to the Live Camera Control (LCC) functions and arrow keys. That way the LCC dialog does not need to be on display.

2. Wait for the next beta release later this week and assign a 6-axis GamePad controller interface to the LCC. I am currently using a Sony Playstation 3 GamePad to make seat adjustments or just roam about the cockpit, or fly or walk around the aircraft.

If you are making a seat adjustment you can use the new Set Camera LCC function to assign the adjustments to the camera view. They will then be remembered next time you select the camera view. They are reset using the LCC Reset All function.

Of course you never need to edit the aircraft.cfg file, you just simply create VC camera views for your aircraft and display those. That's when the LCC Set Camera function will really be found most useful.

Stephen

Thanks for your replay. I have an Xbox PC controller and can wait for the beta to use it. Thanks again.

Excellent, then you can help with the beta testing. I have the Sony PlayStation 3 GamePad. Just remember to disable the settings in FSX for the controllers axis.

Stephen :-)

Hi, I am trying to use Xbox 360 controller as interface to LCC and have disabled the settings in FSX for the controllers axis , FSUIPC is installed but my problem is that this setup causes my camera transitions between Opus Camera views to become jittery or freeze & then Opus Spy records an error message and disconnection between Opus & FSX. Removing the Xbox interface corrects the problem.The xbox controller is new & has an updated driver installed. Any suggestions ?

Rick

I would advise double checking all the FSX control settings and make sure you have absolutely removed every reference in both Buttons/Keys and the Control Axes tabs. Also check FSUIPC4 and make sure nothing has been assigned there.

Something is definitely causing problems with the SimConnect operation. Do the arrow buttons on the LCC dialog work OK without the controller? moving the display smoothly etc. without SimConnect issues.

Stephen

The axis movement controlled by the game controlled uses the same control software and processes, timing etc. as does the DHM, AHM, LCC arrow keys, and any assiged LCC buttons/keys. So check these fuctions work smoothly without problems without the XBox controller plugged in. If they do then it has to be either a clash within FSX or FSUIPC4, or something to do with the XBox driver.

If the XBox driver is connecting to SimConnect then that would also explain the results and the jerky display movements.

Stephen

Thanks for your rapid suggestions. All FSX buttons , keys & control axes are removed, enable controllers unchecked, arrow buttons on LCC worKing correctly & smoothly , in FSUIPC the axis assignments for Xbox controller are cleared but default back to send to FSX as normal assignment , though I have cleared any type of action from being triggered ,

Rick

You could try making a copy of your dll.xml file in the Microsoft FSX AppData, then editing the file to remove FSUIPC4. Try FSX with no FSUIPC4 running, that will help rule out where the problem originates from.

On my system I have my controllers enabled in FSX, you will need the controllers enabled as the FSX and OpusFSX controller lists must match up. FSX only recognises controllers by number through SimConnect, not name.

So you should enable the controllers in FSX settings but just dont allocate any functions to the buttons or controls to the axes.

Stephen

I do not have anything configured into my FSUIPC4, all the tabs are completely blank.

Ok , have tried these suggestions. The same problem persists even when FSUIPC is disabled , with FSX Controllers enabled but buttons & axes all cleared in FSX,

Rick

Does the controller calibrate ok, or is there a different driver version to try or any driver settings that can be adjusted?

Stephen

Controller calibrates ok , driver checked but no other versions seem available , no luck with correcting this controller problem so far,

Rick

Unfortunately I only have a Sony DualShock3 Controller, I found a post using Google about someone else who lost SimConnect with an XBox controller but there was no resolution to his problem, just a single post. I suspect the XBox driver is connecting to SimConnect itself hence the problems. What happens if you do not assign any axes or buttons from the controller to LCC functions and just plug it in not using it? If that works then try assigning buttons on the controller for LCC use and using it? Finally try assigning one axis at a time to see if just one axes will work or if there is a problematic axis.

It would help to hear from someone else with an XBox GamePad Controller.

Stephen

Setup with a Sony Dualshock3 controller works fine, now that I have one of those.

Thanks for your help,

Rick