Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

Trouble with Richard Probst panel...pls help!

Brian,Hmmmm...are we talking about the same panel?Here's from the readme:INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONSUnzip to your Fs2002 folder using the "Use folder names" option in WinZip. Then go to your Fs2002/Aircraft/Panels/Rp727/Manual folder where you will find an HTML manual with further installation instructions. Double click on index.htm.Regards,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

That.....says....FS2002.....I don't have anything like that in the readme from the new panel....ASSIGNING PANEL TO AN AIRCRAFT1) Navigate to the aircraft's panel folder and look for the file named "panel.cfg". 2) Right click on the panel.cfg file and select copy. Right click on the same Windows Explorer pane and select paste. This makes a backup copy of the panel.cfg file in case you don't like this panel and want to revert to your old one. 3) With Notepad, open up the panel.cfg file. Delete everything, and add these two lines:[fltsim]alias=fsfsconvpanel.b7274) Save the file, and the panel should now be assigned to that particular aircraft. 5) Repeat for each additional aircraft you want to assign the panel to. Or, you can simply copy the panel.cfg file and paste it to each aircraft's panel folder.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Brian,We are evidently talking about 2 different panels. I am referring to:rp727pn3.ziprp727pn42.ziprp727fs2004_bugfix.txtAlthough in the first 2 zip files the docs refer to fs2002, the installation procedure for fs9 is the same.These files were downloaded from flightsim.com (don't want to raise the hackles of a previous poster in this thread by calling it the "other" site ;-)). If they're available here, they might have different file names.Regards,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Well no wonder....lol.I have that one working fine. I'm refering to the new one available at the link Mr. Probst provided on page one. It's an update of sorts.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Just completed a flight w/ Richard's new (improved) panel. Installed it as per his instructions (folder fsfsconv/panel.b727) after deleting all instances of the old one which did not work so well for me (hey, it was not designed for FS9 in the first place).Kept Ericks .air file (B727200_VL.air). Everything seemed to work flawlessly, the AP worked, gauges and sounds too. Only odd thing I noticed is the radar altimeter which exhibited jerky motion, but I am not too familiar with it.At least I could land the bird in KDEN which is a good sign :)Charles' .air file might be good (or even better) but that means tweaking aircaft.cfg to incorporate Ericks model which is too much hassle for me at the moment.Anyway, we live in a golden 727 age :) ... so much good stuff already and one big package to come :)

So you're definitely getting the trim sounds, etc. ?If so great, that means I screwed up and can fix it.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest Paragon

Hehe...see it wasn't that hard. :-bigangel

Brian-yes every sound, including trim sounds (quite loud!) and the altimeter vibrator. The respective .wav files reside in the folder fsfsconv/panel.b727 along w/ the gauge file.

Note to self:11/28/04Learn how not to be a tard, and maybe how to read. Turns out I did not name the panel folder correctly....ugh...Thanks for your help dude.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest 737_Pilot

All of the files stay in the aircraft's panel folder except the FSSound.dll goes in FS9/modules

Guest HeavyFan

hey guy's! How do i get the Altitude hold mode?? For the life of me I can't find the Altitude Hold area? to dial in the Altitude i want the Auto Pilot to hold?? Can someone help me out here? I read the readme, but still I can't find it? This is for Richards Panel with the FS9 Update and all the fixes added to it!? MIKE

Guest 737_Pilot

There are no fixes for his new FS9 updated version www.tinmouse.org/727Read the autopilot instructions for his 737-200 panel at www.tinmouse.org it works the same, click the Misc docs link.They don't talk to much about it there so I'll try and explain it.The autopilot on the -200 doesn't have a rate of climb function or an altitude preselect, it has an altitude alerter to set your assigned altitude in. The autopilot has a pitch hold, your power will determine the rate of climb for whatever pitch you set the autopilot to hold.If you look at the picture below, the red circle is the flight director control panel, and the blue circle is the autopilot control panel, each system is isolated from the other, they do not even know each other exists, they are not married like most a/p and f/d systems. To use the autopilot pitch command, move the AIL paddel to the up position, this engages the pitch portion of the autopilot, with the switch on the left side of the autopilot in manual (MAN) you gently push the yoke to the desired pitch and let go, the autopilot will maintain the pitch attitude, if you push on the yoke instead of move it gently it will disengage the autopilot. You can do this with or without the flight director, if you want to use them together you have to set each one separately, as an example say were are climbing and you want to maintain a 15 degree nose up attitude, first set the flight director up, select HDG heading mode on the f/d panel and set the heading bug on the HSI to your present heading and with the pitch command knob on the right side of the f/d panel set a 15 degree climb. Now engage the autopilot and pull back on the yoke untill you get into the f/d bars and than release the yoke and the autopilot should maintain that attitude. When you get to the desired altitude select altitude hold on the autopilot and than on the flight director.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...3965ed5a87e.gif