Sign in to follow this  
mwalexa66

Flight Simulator Google Maps Viewer anybody interested?

Hi all,

somebody might remember me and somebody might not. I was an active Addon developer a few years ago with tools such as Areaman and Super Flight Planner. I have been lurking since today and I'd like to something new. Even if I've almost disappeared, I still have kept coding a few tools (never released tho). My last one is a Google Maps Viewer for FSX. I'm thinking to release it but I'd like to know whether anybody would be interested in using it. Keep in mind I don't even know whether similar projects already exist. However that's here are the main features:

- Display your current flight on Google Maps, using Satellite, Roadmap or Hybrid mode.

- Display the total flight path since start taxing to engine stop.

- Open and display FSX/FS2004 flight plan as well as Level-D and PMDG routes, using navdata from airac cycles

- keep track of the most important flight variables (flight recorder) and save them in a CSV file. This is expecially useful when you have to determine the real airplane consumption for fuel planning purpose (e.g. I'm using it and can get very accurate fuel predictions for FSBuild, the tool I'm actually using for flight planning).

- some more features might be added as they need or as per user feedback.

A screenshot is attached to this post. If somebody wants it, I can upload it on web archives (allow some time to write a bit of documentation).

Have a nice time for now :)

Me to please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART