Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ctiger

DX10 Fixer Installation

I am not sure if anyone has brought up this message from flightsim concerning installation of DX10 Fixer. I received the following message from them late last night. If this has already been discussed please forgive. I unfortunately installed DX10 into my FSX directory. Bad boy on my part. If you did as well please read the message below.

"This is an important message regarding your purchase of SteveFX - DX10 Scenery Fixer. Please take note of the information in this email.

It has come to our attention that the Install Location screen for the installer of this product indicated that you should select the main FSX folder location on your computer as the destination folder for installation. This is incorrect and can lead to a situation where the selected folder would be deleted upon uninstallation.

If you installed to the default location given by the installer there is no need to be concerned. The default location that the installer uses is C:\Program Files\DX10SceneryFixer on 32bit machines, and C:\Program Files (x86)\DX10SceneryFixer on 64bit machines.

However, if you selected you main FSX folder during installation of this product, or any other folder shared with other applications, we advise that you download the latest version of the installer from your download files page in your account at The FlightSim Store and re-install the product without uninstalling the existing files. This will allow you to install the files into a location other than your FSX folder (it is best to accept the default location), so that if you ever need to uninstall the product you will not have this issue.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and if you have any questions regarding this message please do not hesitate to contact us at support@flightsimstore.com"

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!