Sign in to follow this  
simfan37

Your advice and input on the best payware F-111 please?

Hello all!!!

For a month or so now I have been considering stepping out of my "comfort zone" and trying some different kinds of Aircraft for FSX than my usual fare (Tubeliners, Carenado GA planes, most every Eaglesoft Corporate jet they offer, so GA and corporate\commercial are my thing) I've been wanting to branch out into military stuff, fighters, bombers, and the like. I've seen a few F-111's on offer from such noteworthy industry big names such as Virtavia, Just Flight, GKS just to name a few. I've never seen a Virtavia model I didn't like, I have the B-1, the C-17, and a few others by Virtavia and the quality is generally super. I know they have an F-111, but I've also seen the GKS version with some really cool and unique paints, but as far as systems modeling, depth, complexity, I don't know who offers the best, I run a really high end PC, so performance isn't an issue, I guess what I'm asking those of you more versed in the military side of FSX, what's the BEST F-111 for the money? Most systems complexity, model versions, paints, extra goodies (like ability to set up AI tanker flights to simulate and practice air-to air refueling, dropable ordinance, and so on). Your time, attention and advice will be greatly appreciated!

May your logbooks always contain an equal ratio of takeoffs to landings,

Robert 

If you want systems modelling, ours can't be beat - freeware to boot. It's based off the FS2004 Alphasim/Virtavia free release, therefore probably not compatible with P3D and haven't tested at all w/ DX10 preview. We are starting back on the project now that summer is waning, not quite full bore yet, that's for winter. We are "planning" to add - new radios, cockpit sounds,  (both in work now) and eventually air refueling w/ AI and droppable FSX style weapons. (Not VRS Tac-Pac complexity) and a bunch of other updates.

You can find the newest package using the link in my signature below, then scroll down a bit on the page and look for "SHRS F-111 version 2.0 BETA build 062313 Released", that will take you to the project information page.   

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I'd kinda given up on this one, until Steve's DX10 fixer... now everything shows up in DX10! very nice.

@Barfly - Are you talking about our F-111? If so, great news! I haven't kept up with all the new DX10 stuff as I really didn't want to take the plunge at this time - probably will in the future. You mentioned Steve's DX10 fixer. Is that the new payware bundled release? Any direct information? Links, references etc.. ? May just do so if all the above is true. Thanks for the info.

@Barfly - Thanks again! - Good news! Guess I will have to try out the DX10 to see if there is a HUD fix for DX10 that will not pooch DX9.. MMM??? Will take time. There is that one nagging problem that cannot be fixed with the model and HUD.. Nuttin can do about it. If you want, PM me and maybe a screen shot to show what's up with the DX10 and/or any other problems w/ DX10 so they can be at least "tried to be fixed" prior to the next release. 

@Robert - Sorry to offset the topic. Here's another link at our projects site for a comparison of all the different F-111s available - HERE .. Opinions are of my project manager = HARD CORE 111 :-) , I would agree as not biased. Many of the payware Aardvarks have their own High Points, along with Low Points.  

It's too bad we couldn't get all together and make a "Tossed Salad" of only the best ingredients.

@Spokes:

Thanks for the link and info about the SHRH F-111!!! The price sure is right, and the fact it's by a passionate group of not just FS enthusiasts, but someone who has a very close relationship to the 'vark as a tech, he should know that airplane inside out and upside down, he seems VERY keen on realism, so I'm gonna add ya'all's 'Vark to my collection. The GKS is a bit pricey for what would just be a few cool liveries. The comparison chart really helped my decision too, clearly the SHRH model has the most going for it, the WORKING TF radar and autopilot functionality  I appreciate your time and input!

@ Barfly AND Spokes:

I have actually only heard VERY positive things about the DX 10 fixer. There was another post just today about just that. "If your computer can pull it off, bloom" was the title I think. I know there is allot of initial hype and excitement whenever anything new is released in our hobby, and then after the "New wears off a little bit" people start seeing the cracks and imperfections. I think enough time has passed since the fixer release and it's still a hot topic and popular item, the money I saved not having to shell out bucks for a payware F-111 can help offset the cost of the DX 10 fixer. I've seen screenshots, and I feel like DX 10 mode makes SO much improvement in visual quality, it was just a shame not to be able to use it more, so I'm off the fence about DX10 fixer AND the F-111, thanks to you both! 

Robert