Sign in to follow this  
pcubine

Deleted Posts

Around 1600Z yesterday there was a post made concerning flight dynamics of the PMDG 777 which came off looking pretty bad compared to the RW 777. This post had four documents that could be downloaded. The Boeing Performance Manual, a ReadMe.txt, aircraft cfg, and air file. I don't know if the post was correct or not because I moved on thinking I would come back later and try to understand exactly what the poster was saying. 15 minutes later the post and three replies were gone. Must have hit pretty close to home.

Michael Cubine

I'm betting it had more to do with the posting of the copyrighted "Boeing Performance Manual" than any "hitting close to home".

I'm betting it had more to do with the posting of the copyrighted "Boeing Performance Manual" than any "hitting close to home".

There's your answer.

I am sure it had plenty to do with the manual being online. However the two things I can remember called into question the coast down distance of the PMDG 777 compared to the Boeing 777. 133 nm to 190 nm from what altitude I don't remember. And all PMDG speeds such as V1, VR, flap extensions, gear down and landing were high during the takeoff or the approach and landing phase of the flight.

Michael Cubine