Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnnycaptain

Upgrading CPU help.

Hi

I have a tight budget of $280 to buy both a CPU and motherboard. I was looking at the Intel i5 4750 and an ASRock mobo for $72

My question is will this be able to run fsx well with the PMDG 737 and 777 with default airports and FTX global and REX with medium-high settings? Any other suggestions for CPU and mobo?

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi

I have a tight budget of $280 to buy both a CPU and motherboard. I was looking at the Intel i5 4750 and an ASRock mobo for $72

My question is will this be able to run fsx well with the PMDG 737 and 777 with default airports and FTX global and REX with medium-high settings? Any other suggestions for CPU and mobo?

Thanks

Is overclocking out of the question now and the foreseeable future? If it is then that's a good option and will be a huge upgrade over your current PII x6 (in FSX)

But for just $25 more you could get something you can eventually overclock if you're open to it

i5 3570k + Z75 mobo

You would need $350 for a I5 4670K + Z87 haswell overclockable combo

Ah ok thanks. I was also thinking about that but $350 is too much at the moment. Moreover that means i will also have to upgrade my PSU for overclocking as it is currently on the cheapo side  :ph34r:

Regards