Sign in to follow this  
dravid kenyala

Unable to do go around.

As I was coming into my final landing phase and at around 30 feet I realized I am being missed the Tdz of runway and thought I should go around and this is what happened. Pressed my toga assigned button on saitek throttle setup and nothing happened.

Aircraft has just touched its wheels on runway and a/t started to decrease the throttle no matter what I'm inputting into my hardware throttles. Finally I have disengaged my a/t and pushed my throttles to full power and I initiated go around. I don't understand.

Maybe I have done arming the speed brakes and auto brakes to 2 which is normal for landing and when gear touched the ground a/t decreasing the throttle. What should I do if I have proper landing configuration and aircraft main gears touches the ground and I wish to go around what should I do. ( nose gear did not touched the ground and I haven't looked after the speed brakes whether they are opened are not and I'm pretty sure they are not deployed.

No problem with my hardware it is fully calibrated and initial toga phase is perfect during t/o at departure airport. Why? What I am doing on go around.

Another trail I have initiated go around in air at around 100 feet then also g/a not initiated I should disconnect a/t and pully my levers to full power. this time speed brakes not armed and auto brakes to off position. Any help plz.

I know the TOGA switches are inhibited below 2 feet radio altitude, and then become active again after a few seconds of becoming airborne after a rejected landing, are you sure you didnt try to hit them within this time frame?

I know the TOGA switches are inhibited below 2 feet radio altitude, and then become active again after a few seconds of becoming airborne after a rejected landing, are you sure you didnt try to hit them within this time frame?

NO AFTER I isconnected a/t and manually pushing i just switched back to a/t and speed is selected. I dont know the thing what you said but i will try it again. thanks.

Hmm. The G/A mode should work even if the plane touches down. It only disarms/inhibits with the selection of reverse

"Go-Around (TO/GA) mode is armed when the flaps are not up or the glideslope is
captured. Arming is not annunciated. Go-around is engaged by pushing either
TO/GA switch. The mode remains engaged even if the aircraft touches down
while executing the go-around."

Maybe your hardware switch is faulty. Sometimes I have to press the TO/GA switch 3-4 times because the electronics won't register with the computer.

Hmm. The G/A mode should work even if the plane touches down. It only disarms/inhibits with the selection of reverse

"Go-Around (TO/GA) mode is armed when the flaps are not up or the glideslope is

captured. Arming is not annunciated. Go-around is engaged by pushing either

TO/GA switch. The mode remains engaged even if the aircraft touches down

while executing the go-around."

Maybe your hardware switch is faulty. Sometimes I have to press the TO/GA switch 3-4 times because the electronics won't register with the computer.

Even when the to/ga button has failed to initiate by forcing the throttle levers to full max the a/t is bringing back them to idle.

the throttle is calibrated because the aircraft responds to to/ ga and throttle levers on take off perfectly.. I have to practice it again and see if it works by pressing3 or 4 times.

There are two things about TOGA for go around.

1) the AT should engage in THR mode

2) the PFD flight mode annunciations for pitch and roll should indicate TOGA so you can follow your FD

So, now what part of the TOGA mode is not working?

1) or 2) or both?

I am suspecting that you TOGA pitch and roll mode do engage right?

So if that is the case, then the only part of TOGA does not work for you is the AT.

Maybe you have set the option "Thrust levers override AT - allways"?

In that case you have to manually advance the thrust levers to GA thrust (just like you did).

Try setting "Thrust levers override AT - never or in Hold only"

Rob Robson

There are two things about TOGA for go around.

1) the AT should engage in THR mode

2) the PFD flight mode annunciations for pitch and roll should indicate TOGA so you can follow your FD

So, now what part of the TOGA mode is not working?

1) or 2) or both?

I am suspecting that you TOGA pitch and roll mode do engage right?

So if that is the case, then the only part of TOGA does not work for you is the AT.

Maybe you have set the option "Thrust levers override AT - allways"?

In that case you have to manually advance the thrust levers to GA thrust (just like you did).

Try setting "Thrust levers override AT - never or in Hold only"

What you expected was correct and I did set up the option of overriding the a/t always in fmc pmdg option setting so it is the culprit then.

Thanks bro.