Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

navyman51

Install Scenery on Different HDD

Hi All,

This might seem a newbie question. I am about to install FS9 onto a SSD with WIN7

This drive will be drive C:\

The SSD is not very large, and I would like to install all my scenery files to a different

disk drive, this drive will be D:\.

I know that FS9 can cope with that. My question is can I direct RC to find

the scenery files on D:\ when building the scenery data base? Also can I install RC

on the D:| as well.

Thank you.

navyman

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can install RC to any drive you wish. We recommend not putting it into any program files folder. When you install FS9 onto your SSD, avoid also putting it into your Program Files folder to reduce the need for apps to be run as admin due to the additional protection built into Win 7 requiring an admin program level privilege (different than a user account level of admin) to be assigned to applications accessing any apps installed into any program files hierarchy.

After installing RC be sure to update fsuipc and makerwys from the pinned sites since they are later versions than the distribution. You will also need to install some dlls no longer included in Windows 7. Please see the pinned topic and in addition on setting security apps to allow RC unfettered access to FS9 Please see the pinned topic on Norton, et. al.

RC via makerwys gets your scenery path for each item from the FS library scenery.cfg file so your scenery can be on any drive and path you wish. Just be sure you put in the correct path to FS9 each time you run the rebuild. Also be sure you have the correct path to your FS9 .pln folder under your documents. This is usually the same path for the .flt/.wx files.