Sign in to follow this  
raddragon

T7 CTD on RNP approaches

I have had a CTD 4 times while attempting to complete the RNP approached into NZAA. Are there any know issues with RNP approaches with the t7?

no problems here. Have not tried NZAA though.

Have you tried it somewhere else?

Rob Robson

hi

could you explain exactly what you were doing each time when the ctd occurred because I have had similar experiences with other approaches such as selecting a runway and or sid and still being in an offset things like that?

tks

kav

I have just spent the last couple of hours playing around. Looks as though it may have something to do with the RNP ARC's. I replicated the crashes on the NZAA Yankee approaches, but couldn't replicate the crash on the RNP X-Ray approaches.

The difference seems to be the T7 adds a waypoint (cannot remember the name) to ensure the X-Ray approaches hold the ARC 5.6 DME from the AA VOR.

The Yankee approaches however, do not insert this "additional waypoint" and CTD while attempting to fly the ARC.

I am not an expert, but is the addition of such a waypoint normal T7 behaviour to be able to fly and ARC?

The aircraft is not adding waypoints, those are always defined by the sidstar file and I have seen many RNP approach arcs done incorrectly by Navigraph. Haven't checked this cycle but last cycle I found several by using the PLN mode on the ND and stepping through the flight plan before flying it. However, this problem should not cause a CTD. I flew a incorrectly coded RNP into KRNO where I discovered the problem but without a CTD.

Dan Downs KCRP

The aircraft is not adding waypoints, those are always defined by the sidstar file and I have seen many RNP approach arcs done incorrectly by Navigraph. Haven't checked this cycle but last cycle I found several by using the PLN mode on the ND and stepping through the flight plan before flying it. However, this problem should not cause a CTD. I flew a incorrectly coded RNP into KRNO where I discovered the problem but without a CTD.

Ok, thanks for the info. Back to the drawing board.