Sign in to follow this  

DX10 Fixer testing - SF/BayArea Bridges

Updated to the latest version of DX10 Fixer to see how my Dusk/Night transitions would work.  VERY pleased with the results.

I recorded this one at original size (2560 x 1600) and uploaded to YouTube ... be sure to select Quality = Original (if you're running that resolution or higher).  Sorry for some quality loss due to compression, but original file size was huge 4+GB, compressed it down to < 1GB, so you'll see a lot of sky gradients that are due to the compression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8s72OJnVEc

Rob.

Awesome video and resolution!

I'm getting horrible performance around sfo(10-15 fps) and I have no idea why. It's the only area that gives me problems. I have the flightbeam ksfo x airport and it only started being this way when I switched to dx10. Is there something I need to adjust in the dx10 fixer to help or what? 

I know this sounds crazy, but have you tried turning ON Bloom?

Also, many of Word Not Allowed, NickN, and other's FSX.CFG and nVidia Inspector settings don't seem to work well for me with DX10 Fixer.  I experimented for about 8 hours yesterday reading/using various claims and in all cases performance was worse (in some case 50% worse).

For example:

nVidia Inspector -

Maximum pre-rendered frames - Anything other than "Use the 3D application settings" resulted in horrible FPS

AffinityMask - 1364 is apparently what I should be using for 6/12 core setup, yet 14 (quad core) works better for performance

AntiAliasing compatibility - 0x00000000 not the recommended Bio Shock 2 setting

FSX.CFG

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0

Not sure why everyone wants to Lock frame rates, Vsync is barely noticeable (maybe if I were a stunt pilot I'd see it).

Keep in mind, I'm running 2048 textures with a LOD_RADIUS = 9.5 and recording using Fraps at 30 fps Full size (2560 x 1600) which puts a huge load on my system in addition to FSX.

This is an MSE area so AutoGen will not show, but when I fly a AutoGen area (using GEX) with AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5 I actually gain about 10 fps over an MSE area with no AutoGen.  I'll post a video of Minnesota (I think the only MSE state I don't have) with GEX AutoGen with a frame rate counter (AutoGen doesn't seem to impact performance in DX10 with Fixer).

Rob

EDIT: I just noticed than using Chrome to access YouTube and I do NOT see the "Original HD" size option (only see 1440p), but if I use IE10 to access YouTube I do see the "Original HD" size option.  Interesting!

I have bloom always turned on. I get a great constant 30 fps everywhere else including my other big airports. Just not at ksfo. I've tried re-installing it but nothing changed. I don't know. Its the only problem I have left with my fsx. 

Just not at ksfo

How much AI traffic are you running?  

For me DX10 increased memory usage, when in flight I used using around 1800mb with DX9, right now im using about 2100 on DX10.