Sign in to follow this  

I joined a virtual club and when I speak I was told to hold down on the left control button to speak and release to hear. I had deleted every key in FSX so I could customize , so do I go to FSX controls or FSUIPC 4 to do it ? and how do I do it ? thanks

You can do it either way.  I use the red button on the right side of the Saitek yoke to key the mic and have this set up through FSUIPC to send the talk signal to TeamSpeak (used by VATSIM indirectly, VFR Prop Hops and EasternHops among others as the primary online communication).  Currently in FSX I have the radio keyed to transmit using the Tab key (and stop transmitting on release of the key) but by tomorrow I will have this set up through FSUIPC using compound programming so I can use the same yoke button for TeamSpeak (Mode switch on the yoke set to Mode 1) and in-plane radios (Mode switch set to Mode 2).

The simple thing to start with is to go to FSX Buttons/Keys configuration (in the Multiplayer set - select with the drop down at the top of the screen) and set the keyboard key or controller button you want in the Start Transmit (or something to that effect) line and then do the same key/button for the Stop Transmit line where you will need to check the 'on button release' checkbox.

BTW - is your FSUIPC a licensed version?

If you want to do this trough FSUIPC - see the configuration below.  Click the key you want to use as your push to talk key, check 'Select for FS control' and other settings a shown below.

I (successfully) configured the same button that does this as a compound button as I described earlier - in Mode 1 FSUIPC sends the Caps Lock key which activates TeamSpeak (I have TeamSpeak set to use the Caps Lock key as the PTT key so if FSX is not running I can still talk over TS by physically pushing Caps Lock.  In Mode 2 FSUIPC controls in-plane radios via the settings shown here.

Thanks so much guys, With your help I was able to configure my key and button.