Sign in to follow this  
simmyjiff

Errors in programming the CDU

This is my first post with AVSIM so I apologise if my etiquette is incorrect. I have a problem when setting up configuring shortcuts in the CDU this may not be peculiar to PMDG but this is the only instance where I have experience any form of problems with Flight Sim, my software is FSX with acceleration and I have EZCA installed. I am new to using PMDG and but have been operating the CDU up to now without any problems, now the page I'm on is Page 8 of 8 in the Autoflight Key Commands and I'm trying to configure the A/P disengage switch. I enter Shift+Control+A, and almost immediately the A on the screen changes to a 3 and the view changes to one out of the cockpit from the Captain's seat, this is not a view that is programmed in EZCA?, I relocate the view to the CDU and the number 3 has taken the place of A. I retried the sequence a dozen times but the same thing happens, I am also using a Corsair Vengeance, which I thought might be at fault so I tried a standard Microsoft Wi-F model but the same thing happens. I have carried out other configuration exercises without similar problems. I would be grateful for any help you can give.

Thanks

Something is hijacking the control. I suppose EZCA is probably setup to use Shift+Control+A for "next view in category" or whatdotheycallit.

As for etiquette - sign your name, as stated in the rulebook.

Thanks appreciate your comment on the Signature, had a look but it seems I can't edit until the 25th Oct)with regard to the problem, yes there appears to be an old keyboard shortcut, but I can't view it anywhere to delete it, any ideas?

Jim Smith