Sign in to follow this  
BK

777X "Landing"? itself (or how would you call that)...

This is really strange and I could not find anything in the forum related to such an issue.

1. It happens only in long haul flights. You can see in the SS that time in flight was 8:28 hours en route EGLL-WSSS. When it happens it always happens in the last third of the flight (Time-wise).

2. The problem: The 777x "Lands" itself in an uncontrollable manner. The engine still running, everything looks good (except of the impact of the "landing" like tail strike for example).

See that even the landing gear somehow drops down for landing, all by itself... How can this happen, I wonder.

3. Obviously I do not seat at the sim in such a long flights. I am by the sim until cruise level and then I activate the "Auto-cruise" feature (today I tried x4 only and it still did it) and leave. If I come back too late, the T7 is on the ground (FSX crash detection is disabled).

4. I saved the panel state and files can be shared if required.

5. I can certainly say that it does not happen in short haul flights. Yesterday I did a 3.5 hours flight WSSS-VHHH and it was fine using X16 acceleration. I was sitting by the sim for the time it took (about an hour+).

Machine specs attached. It’s not the most advanced rig but 777X runs just fine with the help of EXTREME FSX PC from FSPS.

Appreciate if anyone can pick this up and provide a hint as to which direction to go here. Until such time no long haul flights...

Thanks

Benny K

+1

If you look you have the ALTERNATE gear synoptic displayed, indicating system failure(s).

I think you should start by disabling ALL failures, and learning how to fly...

I'm intrigued as to how it ended up sat on the ground, with the autopilot engaged.

Best regards,

Robin.