Sign in to follow this  
ApacheHunter

How is traffic generated?

Can someone maybe explain to me how VoxATC traffic is generated? Does it even look at BGL files?

I ask this because I mainly fly from and to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, but when using VoxATC I see no KLM planes whatsoever, whereas in real life EHAM is crowded with light blue KLM aircraft. The traffic I use is World of AI and when I set the traffic sliders in FSX to 50% or so, I see lots of KLM planes, just like it should be. I also have IVAO MTL aircraft installed.

Can someone maybe explain to me how VoxATC traffic is generated? Does it even look at BGL files?

I ask this because I mainly fly from and to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, but when using VoxATC I see no KLM planes whatsoever, whereas in real life EHAM is crowded with light blue KLM aircraft. The traffic I use is World of AI and when I set the traffic sliders in FSX to 50% or so, I see lots of KLM planes, just like it should be. I also have IVAO MTL aircraft installed.

VoxATC does not care what you set your AI traffic sliders to inside FSX.   It has it's own slider for generating traffic.   Any traffic generated by FSX will not be handled by VoxATC.    VoxATC pulls it's airplanes and flight plans from it's own source which is just FSX default planes by default.   I know that there is a program for Ultimate Traffic 2 that lets you pull their planes and flight plans in and it will start spanning the correct aircraft for that airport but I don't know about WoAI.   I assume it could be the done the same but I don't know if a conversion program has been written.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

VoxATC pulls it's airplanes and flight plans from it's own source which is just FSX default planes by default.

That is not fully exactly, I have Mytraffic 2013, and VoxATC (out of the box) use all AI aircraft installed from MT 2013.  And usually, I see the correct Aircrafts company in the large airports.

Those are 2 examples of EHAM where you see full of KML airplanes generated from VoxATC, and LIRF where I have many Alitalia aircrafts, setting FSX traffic to zero of course. I don't know if the routes are the one of MT 2013.

EHAM

TkD3TKz.jpg

LIRF

Xq5qcSV.jpg

Francesco cattaneo

That's awesome that it did that for you.   It WILL NOT do that for owners of Ultimate Traffic 2.   You have to use the UT2 Bridge Tool to have it pull all the plane models and flightplans into VoxATC.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I know VoxATC doesn't work out of the box with UT2 and you have to use the bridge tool, but I don't own UT2. I just want to know how Vox generates traffic based on BGL files, like the default traffic and also like WoAI. Because for some reason WoAI works perfectly, but when I have VoxATC generating traffic I don't see any KLM planes anywhere. I tried to only use the four KLM related BGL files, but then Vox only generates traffic using the default Boeing 737's and 747's with the default Boeing livery.

futurnetst="2831386" timestamp="1382260" That is not fully actly, I have Mytraffic 2013, and VoxATC (out of the box) use all AI aircraft installed from MT 2013. And usually, I see the correct Aircrafts company in the large airports.

Those are 2 examples of EHAM where you see full of KML airplanes generated from VoxATC, and LIRF where I have many Alitalia aircrafts, setting FSX traffic to zero of course. I don't know if the routes are the one of MT 2013

Hi, I managed to get MT2013 working in my P3D setup by some copying over the appropriate folders from fsx.

I don't want anything else than for VoxATC to use the models and correct airport aircraft population.

I think the magic with voxatc using the models lies in this line in the fsx.cfg file

SimObjectPaths.7=MyTraffic\aircraft

Once I had this in place in the p3d cfg file and also a pointer to the mt2013 scenery in the scenery.cfg file, voxatc placed a whole bunch of Alaska airlines planes around me at the gate in KSEA.

Just right!

Regards Mike

Hi, I managed to get MT2013 working in my P3D setup by some copying over the appropriate folders from fsx.

I don't want anything else than for VoxATC to use the models and correct airport aircraft population.

I think the magic with voxatc using the models lies in this line in the fsx.cfg file

SimObjectPaths.7=MyTraffic\aircraft

Once I had this in place in the p3d cfg file and also a pointer to the mt2013 scenery in the scenery.cfg file, voxatc placed a whole bunch of Alaska airlines planes around me at the gate in KSEA.

Just right!

Regards Mike

Maybe using the same trick also WOAI should work.

Francesco cattaneo

Thanks a lot for all of your replies so far! I've checked all of your suggestions and everything seems to be installed correctly. Still, I don't get why the World of AI KLM aircraft show up when adding traffic through FSX, but don't show up when I have traffic generated by VoxATC...  :huh:

That is strange.    Must be something wrong with the package?   I installed WOAI last night and installed Delta, United, Southwest and all the other major players in the United States operations area and VoxATC pulled all the planes in like a champ.   So.. even if you don't fix your problem know that you made someone happy because now VoxATC isn't so boring when it comes to spawning craft at my airports.

100454.png

Brian Navy

I don't mean to suggest something that sounds like a no-brainer... but don't make the mistake I did and forget to re-run the VoxATC Indexer after installing the package. Any time you install a plane or scenery you have to run it to get VoxATC to recognize the changes.

Took me days to figure out why I was being routed around planes that were not there... it was because I had not re-run the indexer. I ran it and they all showed up. Same goes for airports, and AI planes.

By the same token any change you make to an aircraft.cfg or bgl file does not seem to be implemented until after the Indexer is re-run.

Bao

Yes.  Always re-run that indexer, even if you add just one airplane.    It took me a while to get into the habit of doing this.   It will spare you from pulling your hair out.

100454.png

Brian Navy

I've run the indexer numerous times. I think there's just something in these particular WoAI packages that causes VoxATC to not recognize them, although FSX can use them perfectly.