Sign in to follow this  
duke_sc

Glasgow (egpf) far too quiet

Hi,

I've installed WOAI along with about a dozen airlines that it says use Glasgow International.  However, compared to the traffic at the real egpf, FSX egpf is really quiet, with hardly any traffic coming or going.  Is there a 'simple' way to increase the woai traffic?  Also there appears to be no ga traffic at all now.  Before installing woai I had a busy airport, not any more :(  

Please bear in mind I'm a relative beginner at this stuff.

Thanks

Bob

Did you convert your woai .bgl files from fs9 standard to FSX?

They're fs9 by default and FSX will only load one fs9 traffic file and nothing else.

There's a handy little programme called AI Flight Support which will search out fs9 traffic files and convert them to FSX. Just make sure and remove the fs9 version before loading the sim...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Did you convert your woai .bgl files from fs9 standard to FSX?

They're fs9 by default and FSX will only load one fs9 traffic file and nothing else.

There's a handy little programme called AI Flight Support which will search out fs9 traffic files and convert them to FSX. Just make sure and remove the fs9 version before loading the sim...

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.  First, I will say that I haven't got fs9 installed.  Second, when I was using the woai installer I selected FSX from the drop down concerning which of the two I was producing files for.  Now if I still need to do some converting after that I wasn't aware from the notes with woai. 

I do have a few planes of each airline showing up at egpf, it's just that I thought there would be a lot more toing and froing - as was the case with FSX's bog standard airlines before installing WOAI.  I will look out the program you mentioned and run it over the files I have.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Cheers,

Bob

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.  First, I will say that I haven't got fs9 installed.  Second, when I was using the woai installer I selected FSX from the drop down concerning which of the two I was producing files for.  Now if I still need to do some converting after that I wasn't aware from the notes with woai. 

I do have a few planes of each airline showing up at egpf, it's just that I thought there would be a lot more toing and froing - as was the case with FSX's bog standard airlines before installing WOAI.  I will look out the program you mentioned and run it over the files I have.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Cheers,

Bob

I found that running the AI .bgl folder through TTools helps increase traffic. Just find it in the scenery/world/scenery folder and drop it in your desktop. Open TTools and find the .bgl, decomplie it (or whatever it is called) into the three files which will be at the right of the TTools screen. Then select all three and compile it into a .bgl again. Select the new .bgl (it should have replaced the one on your desktop) and drop it into scenery/world/scenery replacing the old one. Sorry if the explanation is a bit fuzzy (I haven't done this in months), but I'm sure you get the idea. 

Woai bgl files are always fs9 by default, it doesn't matter whether you have fs9 installed or what you select in the installer. Bizarrely, even the latest FSX specific packs still have fs9 bgls which need converting.

Google "woai no traffic in fsx" if you want to read all about it...

Harmody: Sounds like you've manually decompiled your traffic and then recompiled it for fsx. AIFS will automate the whole process and do all the bgls it finds with just a couple of clicks....

Hi again,

Well I found and ran the AIFP converter program on the bgls in scenery/world/scenery but now I've got all the native FSX airlines (like soar and pacifica) all  mixed in with the real world airlines at Glagow. :(  I don't pretend to understand how this happened and I have even less of a clue how to get rid of them again!

Hair pulling time!!  :wacko:  :Confused:

Fsx default traffic is contained in the file Traffic _ ai.bgl, just rename it to traffic_ai.bglold or .bgloff or something like that... Bear in mind that'll turn off the ga traffic too. You can probably recompile it without the default airlines, but I don't know anything about that...

Hi,

Followed your advice Beardysi and I've sorted out the problem with the default traffic.  Also used FS GA-Traffic to put back in some Cessna's and stuff flying from EGPF to EGPG and back.  A lot busier now :)  Thanks a lot.

Bob