Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Ambitious project...

I am doing the flight planning for my around the world flight in a single engine light plane, the Quest Kodiak, a million dollar bush plane. I am actually reprising the flight I did it a number of years ago in FS2002. Then I flew the route in an Aviat Husky Amphib. It took about 3 months. I lost the flight plans but I still have the map.

It’s a very circuitous route I planned. I fly 400-500 miles a day (the aircraft cruises at about 185 knots). VFR all the way.

I leave from Roswell and fly south through Mexico and Central America and down the west coast of South America to the southern tip of Chile. Then back up the east coast of South America, across Brazil, up the Caribbean Islands, up the east coast of Canada and cross over to Greenland.

One day to cross Greenland then Iceland, the Faroe Islands, and Scotland. Down western Europe to Gibraltar where I cross over to Africa.

Down the west coast of Africa to Cape town and back up the east coast of Africa and eastern Europe to Scandinavia.

Then across to Russia and down to Teheran and across central Asia to Mongolia and turn south across China to Tibet.

From there down the west coast of India to Sri Lanka and back up to Myanmar.

Then follow the East Indies south to Australia. From Australia to New Zealand and then island hop to the Philippines and the west coast of China to South Korea and across to Japan.

Up Japan over the Kuriles to Kamchatka and across to the Aleutians. Then down the west coast of North America to Los Angeles and back to Roswell.

That should occupy my winter.

The next few weeks I will creating my daily flight plans and printing them out.

I plan to start the flight on New Years Day.

[url=http://forum.avsim.net/uploads/monthly_10_2013/post-219161-0-48552900-1383078479.jpg]Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

WOW!  :wacko: Talk about an amitious routing.... Good luck on your light and make sure to post your stories/screenshots here!

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg