Sign in to follow this  
cvearl

AMD Catalyst 13.11 beta 8 released.

I installed it tonight and it seems to work really well in DirectX 9 I have not tested DirectX 10.

It also looks like AMD has added something called Gaming Evolved. it looks kind of interesting. Some kind of profile based game optimization tool. it scans your computer for your games and then make suggested settings for you at your request. If the person doesn't like it they can set it to not load with Windows or you can just exit it.

I remember I had something like this with Nvidia. I never found it completely useful I usually set my own settings the way I wanted them.

C.

ATIUMDAG.DLL is still having a problem. Had a few flights and was no problem. Last flight fatal error on exit. Guess it's not fixed yet.

C.

I couldn't even start a flight with the pmdg 737. Fatal error as soon as the flight has loaded.

Caused major problems for me in fsx when I installed it. When I went to remove it my computer crashed and now even though I was able to restore back to 3.4 I have still not been able to launch fsx. 

Caused major problems for me in fsx when I installed it. When I went to remove it my computer crashed and now even though I was able to restore back to 3.4 I have still not been able to launch fsx.

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=162444&enterthread=y

I wonder if you use the uninstall utility on your current driver and reboot and reinstall 13.4 what would happen.

C.

I'm soo nervous about doing so after the last time when I was completely unable to reboot my computer as a result of the uninstall.

I can understand that. If it were me... I would back up my stuff and wing it. Something is bonkered on that system for sure. Is your ..net 4.0 up to speed and all that?

You could try downloading dx9 and reinstalling that. Are you using sweetfx or enb series?

What video card and operating system are you using?

C.

I can understand that. If it were me... I would back up my stuff and wing it. Something is bonkered on that system for sure. Is your ..net 4.0 up to speed and all that?

You could try downloading dx9 and reinstalling that. Are you using sweetfx or enb series?

What video card and operating system are you using?

C.

I'm not really sure about sweetfx or enb series. I think I downloaded some enb thing awhile ago for fsx. I have a radeon hd 5800. Windows 7 operating system. How do I update net 4.0?

I am downloading net 4.5.1 now to see if that makes a difference.

Update: I now have net 4.5.1 installed and just tried fsx again with same result. It starts to load and then about 30 second later it crashes to desktop. This time I did notice that some sort of error warning or popup flashed on the screen right before the crash, but it flashes for only a split second and then is gone. 

Update: I now have net 4.5.1 installed and just tried fsx again with same result. It starts to load and then about 30 second later it crashes to desktop. This time I did notice that some sort of error warning or popup flashed on the screen right before the crash, but it flashes for only a split second and then is gone.

if you are sure you are on 13.4, then you might want to reinstall 13.4 over top of itself a case there's any corrupt files. Then reboot. Then try FSX again.

let me know how that goes.

I reinstalled 13.4 over top of itself and got message that it was successfully installed. I rebooted and tried fsx again. FSX went to the splash screen and it styaed on the flash screen about 20 seconds longer than before but then closed out again. 

In follow-up I tried a couple more things. I thought maybe UT2 was somehow causing the problem so I disabled it. I still had the same issue. Then I noticed fsx would crash right when the fsdt couatl , which I had downloaded right before all these issues occurred, showed up in my memory usage app. So I redownloaded the standalone manager. FSX just launched for the first time. I have had soo many problems from FSDT's couatl its not even funny. I will do a few flights and see if the system is stable, but at least its launching now. 

In follow-up I tried a couple more things. I thought maybe UT2 was somehow causing the problem so I disabled it. I still had the same issue. Then I noticed fsx would crash right when the fsdt couatl , which I had downloaded right before all these issues occurred, showed up in my memory usage app. So I redownloaded the standalone manager. FSX just launched for the first time. I have had soo many problems from FSDT's couatl its not even funny. I will do a few flights and see if the system is stable, but at least its launching now.

I am so glad you got it working again

I am so glad you got it working again

Thanks. I was in serious withdrawal! Trying to get better frame rates now.