Sign in to follow this  
BonanzaDude

Goofy HSI and RealityXP GNS530 Functionality

I purchased the Carenado B200 last November and flew it a little bit but didn't really get to involved flying it.  I have since reinstalled FSX and am getting around to reinstalling the B200.  After installing both SP1 & SP2 and using the executable for installing the RealityXP 530 I have had issues on 2 of my 3 flights so far. I don't have the details for the first flight but it was from KVNY-KRNO.  Enroute I couldn't get the CRS to work correctly and when turning final on the ILS 34L approach and switching the 530 from GPS to LOC I couldn't get the LOC or GS to show up on the HSI.  The approach was activated on the 530 and I have RW experience with the 530 as it's in the V35 that I fly regularly.  The second flight from KRNO-KVNY worked like a charm and I had no issues.

Last night I tried another flight KCLR-KVNY and my route was:  KCLR ZUNGU TRM V64 SLI DARTS KVNY

http://skyvector.com/?ll=33.56147440759219,-116.95027767292194&chart=404&zoom=4&plan=A.K2.KCLR:F.K2.ZUNGU:V.K2.TRM:V.K2.SLI:F.K2.DARTS:A.K2.KVNY

I had the 530 programmed and was sitting on RWY 26 ready for departure.  The first thing that I thought was odd was the 530 told me to turn the CRS to 050.  That didn't make any sense as the correct course should have been closer to 290.  The other thing was the HSI heading was showing 090 and not 260.  I didn't think to check the compass or the Avidyne moving map to verify if they were similar.

I thought about uninstalling and reinstalling but not sure if that will help.  I have several textures that I would have to reinstall which isn't that big of a deal.  

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

John

John P. Navara

PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H

Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements

https://twitch.tv/Sim_Dude

Do things change when you press D to cause the 'gyro offset' to disappear? That's the only thing I can imagine but if you can provide some screenshots when it happens again, maybe we're able to figure out some more possible causes. :mellow:

The gyro offset was the problem.  It doesn't make a lot of sense given the fact that I never worry about that on any other plane except for the Just Flight DC-6B that I fly.  Every other plane with an HSI functions correctly.

Thanks,

John

John P. Navara

PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H

Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements

https://twitch.tv/Sim_Dude

Don't worry, I ran into that problem more than once  :blush:  and the gyro drift even takes place if you have it disabled in the FSX realism options. I later developed the habit to load my planes and always press D as well as pressing that key in intervals and especially before flying any procedures.

I'm sure it was meant well by some devs, but FSX tends to exaggerate or even 'drift' corrected gauges. G1000 and things. On some planes, I saw Bert modifying the gauge code to get rid of it completely. Wizardry! ^_^